cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Donald Trump

The really insane part of politics today stems from the fact that those who spend the most get elected.  It would be particularly interesting to see how many times in an election that the person who spent the most won.  I'm guessing it would be a fairly high percentage.  It's been several elections ago for president that once we get down to the finals that there really has been much of a choice. 

Highlighted

So how did the even more insane posse get in for the previous 8 years?

Highlighted
Advisor

Like that failed oil wildcatter and baseball executive we had for 8 years just recently. Good point.

Highlighted
Advisor

You can have 1000 hats in the ring and the nomination is still in the hands of the cultural conservatives, and now the Tea Party (pretty much the same when boiled down).

The Republicans do it in in such a manner that the primaires and causcuses don't hold sway like they do on the other side. Seated delegates are not bound. For the past decade or so the locals (SEE: MIlligan's precinct) and Districts have been stampeded by and taken over by the very far right. Almost insuring a GOP loss in the big electoral count states, along wih the new bagger Governors in Midwestern swing states serving up the election to the dems in those.

All that probably remains to be seen is whether Obama runs again. I'm still not betting on it.

Might have some sort of a chance if they can talk Christie into running.

Honored Advisor

5% unemployment under W Bush, I think Bozo Obama would kiss anyone on the lips that brought him a number like that.  Nox, I`m sure you`re allergic to the Heritage Foundation, but pop a antihistamine and check this link.

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/05/past-deficits-vs-obamas-deficits-in-pictures/

See Nox, take your pick `09  `10 either one of Obama`s deficits are MORE THAN ALL 8 YEARS OF W BUSH`S.  Just two years of Obama are GREATER deficits than ALL THE PRESIDENTS BACK TO George Washington!!!  All that plus Obama had a Democrat House and Senate for Two long years. The Democrats own this economy!!

Highlighted

Sad thing is I'm sure you believe that and I'm sure much of the potential electorate can be convinced of as much and persuaded to vote for whatever modern cay Babbit gets the nod.

Bush blew the economy to smithereens.

His deficits were hilariously understated by putting the war costs outside of the budget, AND

I'd like for you to try a little mental exercise of what it would have looked like if you'd actually tried to balance the budget coming out of '08.

Bush was without question the worst president in US history.

And he couldn't even read a teleprompter.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

To each their own, but never did I consider Bush a businessman.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Bush won the election because he was  George Bush, the son of a fairly successful president, and because he was NOT Albert Gore nor John Kerry.  I doubt that anyone voted for GW because of his perceived business skills.

It all goes back to not having any bonfide electable choices on the ballots.

Highlighted

Or more accurately, monied interests had identified Bush as amenable, early on, and had very early in the election cycle put many more dollars on his nose than ever before at that point. He was thus pronounced the frontrunner and the ultimately winner. In Obama's defense, the money first identified Hillary as someone who would carry the water and with the exception of some California tech money only swung to him late in the game.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The days of speaking softly and carrying a big stick are long over.  You rambos all want to kick ass and take names but you want someone else to do it.  Trump would be worse than bush even thought about being.