cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Donald Trump

Well, it looks like we shouldn't even have a President then, because there isn't a, "bussinessman" alive who isn't tainted. The fiasco in Wis. and MI. should be more than enough proof of that.

http://www.alternet.org/story/150231/koch_brothers_and_us_chamber%3A_polluting_our_earth_and_our_dem...

Honored Advisor

Obama proven himself to the powers that be by mid-summer of `08, the whole summer was a exercise in futility for Hillary.  My Wife is a registered Democrat and from the spring into the fall we would receive nearly weekly Obama calls from college student volunteers.  Obama`s "youth" strategy payed off at caucuss time most were for Hillary or Richardson, but my Wife and a couple others enticed them into the Obama `circle`.  All this while I was caucasing for Ron Paul and eventually went for Huckabee.  Even after Obama won the nomination it was comical to see all the Hillary signs still up.  I will say this and challenge anyone to doubt me, Obama won for only two reasons, he was Black and didn`t act "Black".  A White person with his razor thin qualifications and experience would have fallen out even before John Edwards.  Obama excited the youth and the Birkenstock gray hippesters decided to make up for "racist Uncle Jack" and have a  guess who`s coming to dinner moment.  Pure and simple 53% of voters put an unqualified person in for only emotional reasons.

Senior Contributor

Really?????? He's a 5-time bankrupt failure. The only thing he's remotely good at is self promotion, that is as long as his slum-lord daddy's money doesn't run out. He has managed to keep most of it, but anything he touches turns out to be a huge failure. His most recent avenue of promotion was the show The Apprentice, to help promote that failed project in Chicago. As usual, he's been drug into court because of money(or in Trump's case, lack of) over missed payments. His list of willing suckers dwindles by the year, and he recently had to resort to being "roasted" on The Comedy Channel to maintain himself in the lime light, just for future endeavors.

Heck, he can't even buy an American wife, and has to scrounge countries on the other side of the world to buy one. We'll see him divorced again when his contract with the current wife expires.

Honored Advisor

Hey Tom, you`re right he has alot of baggage, that may sink his chances.  The new crop of voters are tough to read.  In Trump`s defense he obtained a net worth of $2.7 billion in the cut throat New York real estate game.  The players that he missed payments with are big boys, a lesser guy would have gotten chewed up and spit out.  Trump`s hotels and golf courses are top notch, I believe the skating rink at Rockefeller Plaza was a disaster when run by the city and he redid it under budget and something that`s now something of pride.  Better not say he went bankrupt Tom, remember how he went off on Rosie ODonnel ?  Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

LOL, he can't even have ANY part of a business with HIS NAME ON IT! It truly shows how low our society has sunk when people want to emulate someone like him. The first thing he does after money gets dumped into one of his ideas is to take a chunk of it and run, leaving the pending failure in somebody else's hands. Of all the successful people in this country that have managed to do things beyond what "the donald" could even fathom, and that moron gets front and center coverage.

Hey, I like Rosie because we have something in common........we're both lesbians, or that we both like women(I'm happily hetero).

Senior Advisor

Re: I think mour problem is

Because we have been listening to businessmen too much. Lower taxes to stimulate business while they take their jobs off shore. Lower tax rates on business and capital gains and now government has declared all out war on labor.

Business does not want to pay taxes. Stockholders do not want to pay taxes. Labor has to pay taxes, so who do we attack first. That's right--Labor. That old straw that we want to give incentive for people to work is nonsense. The government favors business and the investor class. There is little incentive to work and you want the incentive to be less.

Donald Trump is not even a good businessman. He is a shark that is swimming in the financial world. Why anyone would want to give him the power and the key to the treasury is beyond me. But then he probably is your idea of a redeemer of america.

Senior Contributor

Using your logic, we shouldn't have a president.  There isn't a politician alive who isn't tainted.  Decades of corruption should be more than enough proof of that!

Veteran Advisor

I didn't think you guys thought we had one anyway.

Senior Contributor

You might be right as to why Obama won the democratic ticket, but I think there's a lot more to it with regards to winning the presidency.  I spoke to 90+ year old women who were as diehard republican as there were saying they were voting for Obama because McCain was just another Bush.  This is why McCain didn't stand a chance regardless of who his vice presidetial candidate.  It's been said that for the last few decades, voters vote with their checkbooks.  If their checkbooks are flush, they vote to keep the representation they've been getting.  If their checkbooks are empty, they vote for a change in represetation.  This is why Bush Sr. didn't get a second term.  As long as the economy is in the toilet, we're going to be seeing several new faces every two years.