cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Donald in Clear Lake

Your roving reporter and his sidekick Daughter #1 attended the Trump rally in Clear Lake, Iowa yesterday.  It was packed with cars all the way to Lu`s from my bar crawling days, I know Clear Lake well so we parked on a side street 2 blocks away...not too bad actually.  Then we stood in line 1/2 hr and security guy was telling us "have your cell phones on, no knives or large metal and jackets up zipped.  well I had my Gerber multi-tool so I ran it back to the pickup.  The weather was a brisk 2º in line.

The historic Surf Ballroom was packed, Daughter and I was in the 6th row back from the stage.  A +90 yr old WWII vet was by us the picture of health, he was at Pearl Harbor the day it was attacked and he got to get right up to the stage and I`m sure got to talk to Trump. 

Daughter and I stood for 1 1/2 hrs and here is my observation of the people in attendence.  Everyone was happy, alot of talking and laughing.  I would peg the average age at mid 30`s, I was in the older 1/3 of the group.  There are millenials, a surprising amount.  I would say the audience was 1/2 women, Trump has no gender divide.  The audience was 99% white, which isn`t surprising, that is the racial makeup of the area. 

I would say the group was mostly college educated, appeared to be doing well financially, either had money to be well dressed and groomed or the credit availability to do so. 

Here is the funny thing, I had no intention of going to the rally, I hadn`t heard of exactly when Trump was coming to the area...it was my Daughter that wanted to going and begged me to take her. Believe me, this old man is no fan of standing in the cold and then standing some more in a crowd of people  Smiley Happy    But, Daughter saw many of her classmates, alot of 16 yr olds are Trump fans, I absolutely kid you not!  As I`ve said many times, this pre-millenial Generation Z are very smart and they think for themselves like no other generation.  I think the pre-20`s have alot in common with that Greatest WWII Generation.   Daughter was bragging on social media about seeing Trump and the feed back was her peers were either there or wanted to go but couldn`t.  A Saturday afternoon is busy jump camp, honor band lots of committments that day, plus the not the best weather.

I was 25 feet away from Trump and could read his face, he wants this, he is the real deal.  Trump does not use notes, just speaks off the cuff, but it is the same speech I`ve heard on You Tube. If this receptive audience is anything at all like the rest of the country...Donald J Trump is the next president. 

http://kimt.com/2016/01/09/republican-front-runner-donald-trump-speaks-in-clear-lake/ 

50 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Donald in Clear Lake

well, I am no trump supporter by any means, but after watching the debates, Trump is number three on my list cause the other republicans , outside of Rand and Cruz, are SO bad.

And the really sad thing is that the others, the non outsider RINOS, are many times better than either the hildebeast or sanderclaus.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What did he say except " I'm Great !!

Everyone  else sucks !! "   ??

Oh and make America HATE again !!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Turnout is the key.

Mr Trump can have all the less than 18 year olds gaga all he wants, however, last I knew, they don't have a vote yet.

While he is collecting the Red states with two to ten electoral votes at a time, the Dem will be collecting the 20 to 40 electoral states.

doesnt add up....

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Here is Trump`s speech.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

That is true, we don`t know what turn out will be until the real poll at the caucasses and primaries.  Something tells me that Generation Z hears their parents talking and behind every teenage Trump fan, there is a Trump voter that will crawl over broken glass for him.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

AgJudge, I put a link to Trump`s actual speech, watch it then you decide.  Trump comes across better in person, some people don`t get and never will his humor.  It`s that New York Regis Philbin/Don Rickles style that is off putting to thin skinned people, you see the twinkle in his eye and it`s his way of saying what needs to be said in a palatable delivery.

I didn`t see anger in the crowd, although anyone with a pulse should be livid as what has went on the last 7 years.  But that is good, don`t get mad, go to the polls and get even.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I have a Son that is a big Rand Paul fan, his girlfriend was a huge Bernie Sanders fan.  I sat them down one day...well minus the girlfriend  Smiley Happy and said "Look, you two are really smart top of the class and one day you guys are going to make alot of money...do you want this country to go down the drain with Sanders taking 60%  70%  80%  90% of the money you`ve worked your butts off for???  i think Rand Paul`s tax rates would be more liveable".  Well, he relayed that to his girlfriend and now they are both on the right track  Smiley Happy  Thank God!

Rand has a 'submarine campaign" going on focusing on college campuses, he`s going to be at Iowa State caucuss night, he may pull off a coup.   I am still undecided, but would be happy with any of the 3 Liberty candidates Donald, Ted or Rand. 

I go back and forth of do I reward Trump for being honest and loud about it where no other candidate had the guts?  or do I reward Ted or Rand for their loyalty and steadfastness?   It is really a dificult dilemma for me. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So, generation Z thinks for themselves...... That is what you stated earlier..... Now you say they are hearing and listening to their parents.... Same ol' same ol' sounds like to me.

i really could care less, as far as presidential races go, I'll only be voting because of the down ballot races.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well, it`s complicated Smiley Very Happy in the past, parents would say "get a haircut" and the kid would grow his hair long.  The parents would say "Turn that S### off!" and the kid would turn the stereo louder.   But could we be moving to a time of generations awakening together? 

The parents lament about a oil filter company that paid living wage jobs closing, the parents talk with neighbors about illegal aliens sucking off the local food pantries and other county welfare.  The kids hear this and see the waste of having their school defined down by kids that aren`t behaved, don`t know English will no intention of learning and special teachers hired. 

That robs the kid`s learning and future.  So instead of rebeling against common sense, many of today`s Generation Z "think for themselves" by now committing educational suicide as previous generations have done in the past.