cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Donald in Clear Lake

Oh get off it!  You wanted to go so bad you could taste it but you made your daughter go so you could use that excuse!  You aren't fooling anyone but maybe 20!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Seriously, my hand to God, I did not want to go for whatever that is worth to you.  I`m at the age where if my kids want to do something with me, that`s getting rarer every day, I`ll go with it just to spend time with them.

That said, it was fun talking to the people and just watching it.  Trump is really like a rock star..believe it or not that is not a plus for me (John 3:16)  ..people are hungry for the truth and Trump connects, but trust in the Lord first!

I imagine what Trump is going through now is very similar to the excitement Obama had in 2008.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Probably 95-100% of the truth being told at a trump rally is that it is true that he is saying things that the rightwing want to hear!  BTW, why did he instruct the people attending one of his rallies a few days ago to behave like animals if there was any protests?  There were 6-7 SILENT protesters who stood up but didn't say a single word.  One was a Muslim woman in the traditional dress and a man and 4-5 other people with yellow stars sewn on their clothes.  People started yelling, cursing them and threatening them until his security goons came and took the protesters out of the room!   So much for free speech at a trump rally!  Repubs seem to do things like that.  Bush made people sign loyal oaths before entering to hear him speak.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Only one good reason ever to go to Clear Lake and that was to see Buddy, Ritchie, PJ and Waylon in '59!!!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Clear Lake is a really nice town it`s a okay lake for boating, catch a few nice Walleyes, Yellow Bass.  Antique stores on mainstreet, a paddleboat to take a cruise on.  The Surf still gets some good groups, if you`re into that 50`s music (which I`m not) in February there`s a Buddy Holly deal that draws people from Britain and all over.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Waylon is buried in Mesa and my wife went to HS with his widow, Miriam Johnson, aka Jesse Coulter who is a cousin of my wife's first husband and still lives in Mesa.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

There were zero protesters at Clear Lake.  In 2004 my cousin and her man drug me to a Bush rally at the fairgrounds at Mason City.  The secret service wanded everyone...at deals like that I must really look "American' because they always just let me through...but my cousin`s husband really got patted down, much to our amusement Smiley Very Happy   but at that time, I never signed anything to get into the giant tent.

But what drives a protester to go and disrupt someone`s rally?  I can see and fully support asking a candidate some tough questions during a offered Q and A period...but it`s their show.  I have no interest in even going to Hillary or Bernie and scream and hold stupid signs and act like a nut case...I just don`t get it.  And Republicans don`t!  if there`s any protesting at Democrat rallies it`s real real crazy democrats protesting that Bernie Sanders doesn`t "stand up to the NRA enough" or some other crap.

But those protestors at the Massachusetts Trump rally were NOT "silent"...what the hell were they doing there?  Did they pay to get in???

Here`s how "silent" they were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU6RbMD-YQk

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I like alot of Waylon`s songs.  You know he was supposed to`ve been on Buddy Holly`s plane but he had a cold and I think gave up his seat to the Big Booper.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I'm talking about a rally in SC.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/politics/donald-trump-muslim-woman-protesting-ejected/

She didn't say anything!  No 1st amendment rights?  Who tells their supporters how to react to protesters and yell and scream at them?   least this time he didn't incite them to beat the woman up like he did earlier!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Something like that but it was PJ "the Big Bopper" Richardson who had the cold and Waylon gave up his seat so the Bopper could get to the next stop faster than the old bus they were riding in.   Another band member lost his seat on the plane on a coin flip to Valens!  Waylon always opened his concerts with a tribute to them after that.