cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Dumrat fund raiser heads to prison

By the time Obama returns all of the taited money he will have campaign debts bigger than Hillary Clinton's.

snip-

A Democratic fundraiser was found guilty Friday of engineering a $21 million bank fraud scheme.

Courtney Dupree was convicted of vastly overstating the billings of his Long Island City-based lighting company GDC Acquisitions in order to fraudulently obtain a loan from Amalgamated Bank.

Dupree, 42, sat stone-faced as the verdict was read in Brooklyn Federal Court. He faces up to 30 years in prison and has to pay back at least $18 million.

Dupree was done in by a mountain of paperwork, which prosecutors said proved he was a crook, and by testimony from cooperating witnesses who were involved in the scheme.

“This is a case about lying to a bank to get money,” Assistant U.S. Attorney David Woll told the jury during the trial. “It is about telling lies over and over again in order to grab millions of dollars of the bank’s money.”

In 2008, Dupree hosted a $1,000-a-ticket fund-raiser for Barack Obama at his Broad St. apartment that was attended by top aide Valerie Jarrett.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/democratic-fundraiser-convicted-engineering-21-million-bank...
9 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Dumrat fund raiser heads to prison

Why would Obama have to return a bunch of money.  From the looks of the article you clipped, the guy HOSTED a fundraiser not donated a bunch of money.  Other people gave $1000 to attend it.  There isn't any indication the guy did anything himself with campaign money.  I know you are peeing in your panties to make that claim but you don't have anything.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

The poor tortured little weenie, is so desperate, he can't help himself, Brian. He's going to have to recognize, we still have a black President, for the next 5 years!! What an addle brained numnut!

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

They are all paranoid about the blackfella.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

It's the most comical reaction, we've ever seen in American politics. They talk like he was going to come into their house and molest their women! LOL!!

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

It's the most comical reaction, we've ever seen in American politics. They talk like he was going to come into their house and molest their women! LOL!!

I told you they are paranoid.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

They say you are known by the company you keep. Too much of this sort of thing going on in high places. If we could clean out the crooks, I wonder how much better it could be for the rest of us.
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:
They say you are known by the company you keep. Too much of this sort of thing going on in high places. If we could clean out the crooks, I wonder how much better it could be for the rest of us.

Knowing you support the big end of town, Freddie and Fannie, Maddoff etc,  try cleaning up your own back yard before poking fingers anywhere. Apparently this skullduggery only happens under democrats.  duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

Knowing you support the big end of town, Freddie and Fannie, Maddoff etc,  try cleaning up your own back yard before poking fingers anywhere.

I challenge you.  Find ONE post I have ever made, in support of Freddie, Fannie, and Maddoff.  They are not 'my backyard' any more than GW Bush was yours.

Apparently this skullduggery only happens under democrats.  duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Nope, happens all the time, and I belive I'm pretty fair about being against crookedness, wherever it is found.

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Am I the only one who finds it ironic, that the only ones bringing up that he is black, are the liberals?
And the only ones associating this with molestation, are the liberals?

Then they turn around, and say that I am the one who is predjudiced.