cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Dysfunction Junction

Romney will win or lose on how the American public perceives the current status of federal government. People that think everything is working the way it should, that we have the right amount of government oversight, that we have the right mix of public vs. private activity in the country will vote for Obama and big government. This will include those that draw their income from the government basically taking from someone , or borrowing against our future, and giving it to someone else.

Those that think we have a dysfunctional system , that is progressively( pun intended) getting worse, will vote for change, and this time hope they are right. For the next few months, every story that shows a system that works, that has hope for being sustained, is a story that helps Barry Soetoro stay in power. Conversely, every story that shows  a system held together by smoke and mirrors, in decaying stages of dysfunction, that will need us to take a chance on a seasoned businessman that has shown some skills in the past at fixing things to turn  things around, well, these are the stories that will possibly take Romney into the White House for four years, or possibly eight. And if Romney makes a calculated and seasoned selection of a VP, we may be looking at who will administer government for the next 16 years. A long time by any calculation.

This team will select Supreme Court Justices, will deal with the threats of China, Russia, and all of the trouble spots around the world. They will have to address entitlement programs as the literal stuff will hit the fan during the next four years, according to actuaries. The future of healthcare delivery and payment will fall on their shoulders and the next congress, too.

Lots of important decisions on the horizon, and the more Barry and Joey look like two of the three stooges, the more likely we are to have republican values and principles ruling the agenda.

Let us pray to our God that our next leaders are able to govern with wisdom, restraint at the right times, and force when necessary.

24 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Addendum

If our prayers come true, and Barry and Biden are put out to pasture in November, we still need to address one of the fundamental problems with the current American political system...that of ensuring that only taxpayers vote. We cannot sustain a system where those riding in the cart are able to select legislators that will continue to extract payments from those pulling the cart to subsidize them. ( and yes, this includes farmers that take subsidies....we need to get the subsidies eliminated , no one excluded.)

Every citizen would still have the right to vote, they would just need to stop taking federal benefits. With elected officials no longer prostituting themselves to providing benefits to those that would vote them into office, real change will come.

Is Romney the right guy to lead this type of charge? I doubt it, but he looks awfully good compared to Barry and Biden....two circus clowns if there ever were any.

Honored Advisor

Re: Dysfunction Junction

The media is in a `full court press` campaign for Obama.  I listen more intently to the enemy to try and get into their heads to see why they`re such damned communists.  So, I try and always catch The Chris Matthews Show and watch Hardball online. What i`ve caught guests on those shows out of desparation saying is:"Does Romney want to be the one that interupts the 2nd term of first African-American President?" To me that is playing the race card because they have no other higher value cards to play.  One baldheaded guest without a name tag on the Mathews Show actually made a Freudian slip by descibing what Obama said as "our side", now this baldheaded guy was supposedly a "objective reporter".  That is what Romney is faced with, another 6 monthes of it.  This election will define or redefine this nation like no other...Lincoln-Douglas had nothing on what we are living through.  The thing is, if Romney wins Democrats will be pissed and not cooperate, the tough adult decisions that will have to be made will need public support, ala Ronald Reagan..then we`ll face the fight all over again with + or-50% of the population voting for a "ride in the wagon".  One year the "wagon riders" will win for good..is it 2012? will it be 2016? 2020? Time will tell, but the hearts and minds of the public need overhauled so that at least 2/3 of the people give the government a Conservative mandate.   

Veteran Advisor

Re: Dysfunction Junction

One could argue that things are not getting progressively worse, but exponentially worse.  Watching the cost of healthcare, college, and the debt grow, looks a lot like that 'hockey stick' formation that I keep hearing must be rectified ASAP (when it is referred to in GW terms, but doesn't seem to worry some when it comes to debt).

Veteran Advisor

"H*ll in a Handbasket"

yes, I think exponentially worse is appropriate.

And one thing that should be made crystal clear....Romney needs not to only run against Barry Barack Obama Soetoro Zero THe One, etc........but also against George W Bush, Shrub, whatever you wish to call him, too. Both of these guys are clowns, neither one really took a hard look down the road when you look at their first major decisions...VP's **bleep** Cheney and Joey Biden????? How bad can you get?????

The prolific spending of these two, their dysfunctional approaches to the office of chief executive.....everything about these two ....the bailouts , started by Bush continued by Bama.....the erosion of the dollar...where do you start and stop?

Obama cannot run against himself....Romney can break free and set a new course.

Veteran Advisor

Riders in the Cart

Sounds like an old Doors song.

Looks like we were both thinking about the demographics of the American electorate simultaneously. I agree, without changing who can vote (which voter ID actually attempts to do, and I applaud the effort), the only hope for elections is that welfare recipients are too lazy to show up and vote.

Senior Contributor

Re: Addendum

"If our prayers come true"

Well there is you answer.

Obviously your god must have wanted Mr Obama to be your president.

Now if he is re-elected what will that say about your standing with your god since he will have refused to answer your prayers again?

Honored Advisor

Out of the mouth of babes

For an atheist you are on to something Canuck.  God may very well want Obama in, the rain falls on the righteous as well as the wicked and as a nation we collectively have been very wicked, perhaps we deserve to be cursed for another 4 years of Obama.  As Jesus said "My Kingdom is not of this world.".  When satan tempted Jesus he offered the world to Jesus...in other words the world belongs to satan and it is his to give away or do as he sees fit.

Highlighted
Contributor

it will mean "God is Great God is Good"

If Romney should get his hands on the country has anybody figured out just who all he'll sell down the river to work his magic?

Probably should talk to some of the many people he put under while "working his magic" at Bane  capital.

Senior Advisor

@tritriagain wrote:

it will mean "God is Great God is Good"

If Romney should get his hands on the country has anybody figured out just who all he'll sell down the river to work his magic?

Probably should talk to some of the many people he put under while "working his magic" at Bane  capital.

What would have happened to those workers without Bane capital? How many workers kept their jobs because of the work Bane capital did?