cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: Such Bull crap

Diesel fuel is also more refined than it was a decade ago with low sulfur requirements. More refining causes the price to go up.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: Surebutt hasnt got a clue

obalmos tax increases are almost ALL on the middle class when you confront an obampit e with this they run

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Such Bull crap

That being the case then who is the big beneficiaries of the low interest rates/ If grandpa is only getting 1% on his CD's, who is borrowing for 5%or less and shouldn't those low rates be reflected on his P & L statement? It seems to me that the gain for borrowers should counterbalance interest loss by savers.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Econ 101

You do realize a very large portion of the debt is due to tax cuts don't you?
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Actually debt can only come when you spend/borrow more than you have. It's a spending problem. It would be like a guy making $40,000 and spending $50,000 a year saying I don't make enough money to pay my bills. I think I'll spend more money cause if I do my boss (the tax payers) will pay me more.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
You do realize a very large portion of the debt is due to tax cuts don't you?

What portion is due to tax cuts?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

For both of you folks. The % of the debt is calculated to be around 30% right now and if there isn't something done about the tax cuts soon it will be over 50% in another 7-10 years.  Also with the tax cuts, there is less revenue.  That means that there is not enough money to pay for things. 

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Why does a liberals brain never think that spending is the problem? Why is that?
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

For both of you folks. The % of the debt is calculated to be around 30% right now and if there isn't something done about the tax cuts soon it will be over 50% in another 7-10 years.  Also with the tax cuts, there is less revenue.  That means that there is not enough money to pay for things. 

California has some of the highest tax rates in the country and yet it is one of the worse states financially. Same is true with IL.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

$70 Billion a year

$70 billion a year is how much Obama will get removing the Bush tax cut for those making over $250,000/yr (like your wifeSmiley Wink) ...Obama`s annual deficits have been running over $1 Trillion like clockwork.  An extra $70 Billion on it`s own won`t make a dent, does Obama have some spending cuts to the tune of $1Trillion a year?   If not he`s a fraud, his scheme is just wealth redistribution.  Why don`t he engage in something more practical like trying to drain the Atlantic Ocean with a 5 gallon bucket?   http://www.american.com/archive/2011/august/obamasfollytaxingtherich/