cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
9 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Econ 101

The costs of heating & cooling contractors and roofing, ect go up 6% if not more, that is the perfect recipe for dilapidated buildings in the Twin Cities.  With abilities to work remotely, the people you want in a city will move out and add on to that the smash & grab, carjackings.  There isn`t a whole lot of incentive to put in a Gucci or Rolex store uptown ...not even a Walgreens or Target for that matter.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Yeah, and the author is Walter Block, ....

.... and by his own admission, an "anarcho-capital theorist".  What the hell is an "anarcho-capitalist"?

Don't tell me, let me guess.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Minneapolis is a textbook case of recreational voters picking the taxpaying capitalist`s pockets.   I doubt the renters that voted for rent control know the price of a 2x4 or what a 2x4 even looks like .... they do need one upside their heads though   πŸ™‚

First slowly, then it`ll be suddenly.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I don’t think rent control is often the correct policy response.

In an ideal world you would override local zoning and land use regulations to build low income housing out in the burbs.

The other piece of land use policy would then be to encourage brownfield redevelopment for commercial and industry inside the donut, rather than paving farmland over all the way down to Rochester.

Good luck with that.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Red, did you hear what our genius chief of the dc junta says about inflation.   Says as the government spends more money paying your bills for you the importance of inflation fades cause you're not paying your bills so the cost of the bill wont matter to you.

rsbs
Senior Advisor

yup Sam, when its not you, nor me, but the "man behind the tree" paying the bills, it no longer matters.

Why did it take so long to think of that, right?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Farmers, welfare, $6 corn.

Lol.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

Clowns manipulate the price down to nothing and then pretend to care for the peasants with "welfare". πŸ˜‚

Perfect illustration of stockholm syndrome.  

Keep your welfare kNazi, I'll take an unrigged market.  

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor