cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Elect Republicans and they will burn the place down!

Shutting Down the Govt is no accident.

Republican domestic terrorists have been planning this for years, and Rachel Maddow brilliantly connects the dots here with convincing video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/rachel-maddow-shutdown-republicans_n_4021809.html?ir=Politi...

Its about 16 minutes long. Notice the glee at 9:05.

snip from commenters:

“These blow-hards do NOT want to govern, they want to 'make it small enough to drown in a bathtub' -- so...NO -- BOTH parties are not to blame for this shut down - that honor falls squarely on the Republican party - they ran on it, they promised it, they did it.

Blame Reid and Obama as much as you want - but roll the tape and HEAR these jerks PLAN what they did.

I watched this part of her show live. The most amazing 11 minutes of news coverage I have seen in 10 years. I had no idea that Republicans have refused to go to conference committees between the 2 houses, that THAT was why we haven't had a budget for over 2 years. I had no idea this was going on when they kept using their weird "no budget" talking point against Obama in the 2012 campaign. Now I realize yet another depth of the Republicans' treachery. They have been manufacturing this budget crisis - single handedly - for 2 1/2 years!!”

12 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Elect Republicans and they will burn the place down!

I wish.  The R's are just as addicted to the power and corruption of the place as the D's are.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes it is invented crisis one after another and every bill one demand after another. It's war that has been declared against the president and the left and every crisis is considered a new opportunity to extract consessions.

It's out and out class warfare between business/stockholders & labor, the poor and the lower class. Raw capitalism at work with the money used to decide political outcomes

Highlighted
Advisor

That may well be but by Christmas it will probaby be down to you, your wife and around 120 other people in the country who see it that way.

Too bad really, as our problems do lie in crony capitalism and connected influence.  The Democrats are likely to get a certain amount of liscense out of this that the DLC-McCauliffe-Clinton wing will almost certainly abuse. The P{esident is the only one who can deflect that and he hasn't  shown much propensity for it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

No doubt the frustration of having no influence is galling for the GOP. This has nothing to do with debt or anything. The are obeying their puppet masters by destroying Obama at any cost.

Shutdowns are not new. What is new in this instance is the reasons they did it.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@gough whitlam wrote:
No doubt the frustration of having no influence is galling for the GOP. This has nothing to do with debt or anything. The are obeying their puppet masters by trying to destroying Obama at any cost.

Shutdowns are not new. What is new in this instance is the reasons they did it.

But it's not going to work, Quinipac polls are showing, they aren't getting any traction with the American people. The only ones, that are supporting them are the fools and weak minded, nut-jobs, ring a bell with anyone, here?? LOL!!

Highlighted
Advisor

The GOP as it was pre 1976 is quite possibly what we need right now. Understanding of the need for a general widely distributed prosperity built around value in investment and work. The .01 percent had a much, much lesser share. The modern .01 created this nightmare by underwriting the modern "conservative" looney bin. Realizing that the 99.9 here hate Krugman he (and Klein) get it right on the nuts here; http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/krugman/2013/10/01/the-economics-and-politics-of-chaos/?from=krugman... Lots of buyers remorse in the business and financial community over the political Frankenstien that they willfully and cynically created. As, BTW, personified in Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. As for the near political future they've got an institutional party that couldn't find it's ass with both hands. A party of Kings and Princes and Lords that has somehow made rubes like 3020 and bit players like Red honestly believe that they actually matter.
Highlighted
Advisor

Interesting also at this site is that only ONE avowed Republican among the dozens of you who pop in from time to time has ever mentioned or fessed up to actually being involved in party matters or affairs. That being Craig whom I respect for that, even though he's party to the radicalism that is obvious in his State Senate District's GOP. The rest of you just want the promise inspired by the ideaology and the dogma. If Red, Man of Steel, lippy, D for Life or jput have been to a precinct caucus or County or District Convention in the last 15 years I'll kiss your ass out in the street at high noon.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Avowed Republicans???

Not sure what you are smoking fellow, but the only reason I have voted mainly republican is that the democrats serve up a crap sandwich on virtually every singular issue. When the republicans are in power and expanding government, I am anti-republican, also. Why would I go to either party's conventions?

I had an invitation to Pawlenty's inaugural ball when he won the Minnesota governors race the first time and didn't go to that either. And that might have been fun.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

feeling a little pompous today, Bruce?

Say hello to Barry and Michelle the next time you rub shoulders with them, btw.

If you end up as president of the Puke fan club, do you get a special pen and a t-shirt?

When I started reading about Buyers remorse, I thought you were leading up to bashing Obama. If you didn't notice, Mitt Romney hasn't been in power even though he won the Reagan demographics by a higher percentage than Reagan did. The demographics in America have changed, and that is why you hear about Rubio (no, not Ricky this time) and Cruz.