cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Election day

I voted. I would like to personally thank every veteran who made this day possible. It's a wonderful feeling.

9 Replies
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Re: Election day

Amen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

I voted. I would like to personally thank every veteran who made this day possible. It's a wonderful feeling.

Dittos.

5 people in front of me in line this morning, which for my polling location is a huge crowd.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

Unless you have already done so, above all else and even if you have nothing left to do today, vote.

It matters, so no excuses.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

On behalf of my ancestors who fought in the Revolution and Civil War, you're welcome. Other than those I'm not sure any of the wars determined the course of our democracy.

Possibly WWII but that one's a heavy lift with you guys who would have been America Firsters anyway.

I'd like to thank the two Roosevelts who saved our democracy from capitalism and capitalism from itself.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

And you guys would have been Tories and Copperheads, too.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

There was quite a lot of revolutionary fervor along the southern frontier- they never put together a particularly effective fighting force but an untold part of the story is about the vicious civil war that raged there between Revolutionaries and Tories.

The northern tribe of hillbillies fielded some of the most vicious Loyalist irregular groups like The Queen's Rangers.

So speculating as to where the backwards and constitutionally perverse elements of colonial society might have sided is just that.

Although in the present I have a hard time seeing people who are enraged over low flow toilets as being revolutionaries.

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Absolutely.  

KnoXi, knock of the BS in this thread.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Since it appears the military vote will pretty well split anyway, the threatened attempts to disenfranchise overseas military voters probably won't matter anyway.

But cut the Our Troops and Jesus crap.

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

https://youtu.be/prNum4GREWY 

Go neck yourself KnoXi.