cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Election results

For anyone who might be interested the Canadian election results are being broadcast live on this site.

http://www.cbc.ca/includes/federalelection/dashboard/index.html

You can check by riding or total with running commentary and lots of other info too.

BTW Newfoundland poles have been closed for over half an hour now, 7:37pm Eastern Standard time and those on Maritime time just closed 7 minutes ago.

So far LIberals are leading in all 7 seats in Nfld with around 75% of total vote.

May not hold across the country as Nfld has a real HATE on for Harper and his Conservative cronies.

22 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Election results

You must be happy with Trudeau`s win.  Canada is more liberal than the US to begin with, now they`re even going further left than the already liberal Harper.  Trudeau wants to buddy up to Obama, just when we thankfully getting rid of him, I would how relations will be between PM Truduea and President Trump?  🙂

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/justin-trudeau-who-is-canadas-new-prime-minister/ar-AAfEJcJ?ocid...

hardnox
Advisor

One pig fornicator down....

wehav
Senior Contributor

Canada has been portrayed here as a the Utopian world that the US should emulate. It's curious that such a great society that has every thing working so good would change leadership.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Let this Liberal wave sweep south with each cold front

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You are ridiculously hilarious!!  Dreamland!  As they say "Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which fills up first!"   hahahahahahahahaha

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Well BA, I was in the camp that 'anybody but Harper' would be good.

So yes I guess you could say I am happy with the results.

Trudeau said the Liberals would not use attack ads and they did not.

They did turn attack ads from other parties around and used them to the Liberals advantage.

Chose a platform different from the others and maintained the high road when the Conservatives tried fomenting hate of minorities.

The Liberals deserved the win.

The NDP got sideswiped by Canadians who were determined that 'anybody but Harper' was going to win.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@wehav wrote:

Canada has been portrayed here as a the Utopian world that the US should emulate. It's curious that such a great society that has every thing working so good would change leadership.

Not surprising if you had follwed what Harper had been doing to our "Utopian" country.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@NewAgJudge wrote:

Let this Liberal wave sweep south with each cold front

we don't impose.

But I have suggested several times that if you wanted to fix something like your expensive health care system you could look at our single payer system.

Just like trying to force a political system on other countries it will not work until the citizens of your country decide to adopt it themselves.

So it is up to 'you' to sweep any 'liberal' wave through your country.

Note there is a difference between small 'l' and capital 'L'  L(l)iberals.

It was a Liberal government in Canada that had surplus budgets and then Harper's Conservatives got in power and had several consecutive BIG deficits which added 150 BILLION $ to our debt.

This after reducing our taxes.

Stange how that works, less income = deficits.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

harper was kind of "George W Bush" without the war and Trudeau is your "Obama"..   Canuck in your heart of hearts, would you rather have our Obama than Trudeau?  You can have him really 🙂  If Obama had the "raw materials" that is Canada without a consititution that is similar to ours, I`ll bet Obama could do wonders in your country.