cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Elon Musk`s Covid tests

Let me guess, the curve will magically flatten shortly after policies after January 20, 2021 are implemented.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today. Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse. Rapid antigen test from BD.

17 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Elon Musk`s Covid tests

You're a Nazi punk.

Honored Advisor

Reverting to name-calling suggests you are defensive and therefore you find  my opinion valid. Spock | Star trek quotes, Spock quotes, Insulting memes

Senior Advisor

I'm sure he went into the books as 2 new positives.

Senior Advisor

So after BA did his little non-apology "can't we just get along" smarmy two step, he's back out spreading homicidal propaganda.

I've already had to explain this twice.

Antigen tests have aren't very accurate and that's an established fact. They're particularly prone to false negatives so there's nothing surprising about that reported outcome in particular.

What they are is more widely available and can catch a lot of cases before people can spread the disease more.

If you have a negative antigen test, don't assume you're not contagious. If you have a positive test, isolate yourself immediately and get a PCR test as soon as possible.

Senior Advisor

Antigen tests are valuable in places like the NBA bubble where you're testing people constantly.

They could have been valuable in the WH and GQP, but you can't fix stupid.

Honored Advisor

Well, you better "explain" that to your communist friends, because they were flooding Musk`s tweet comments with snarky stuff.  You know, Nox the world isn`t divided into only "nazis" and "communists" with the communists being the pro-lockdown Jobiden supporters and the nazis being Polly Annas about the pandemic.  Those of us between the communists and nazis aren`t "2- steppers".  

Senior Advisor

Oh, for heaven's sakes, we've watched you flip and flop around for years.

Trying to sound reasonable and "aw shucks" then hitting with the hard right default closer.

That tweet without context from a widely followed figure was irresponsible.

See how Turdy hit it before it even hit the water?

Honored Advisor

Nox, clean your ears out and listen.  This rapid inaccurate antigen tests CAN be included in states positive Covid cases..it`s up to the states.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87930  

snip:

Our statement will be very clear that both probable and confirmed cases should be reported to the CDC and counted in a universal way," Engel told MedPage Today.

The council's 10 board members voted on the guidance earlier this week.

"A (positive) antigen test will be counted as a probable, and a PCR test will be counted as confirmed," he said. Engel added that states can decide whether to lump them together or separate them out as "confirmed" or "probable," but the council's advice will be to include them one way or another.

"States that don't choose to do that I think are going to put themselves in a lot of risk for not being transparent. And I think it will cause more confusion," he said.

Big states like California, he said, "I expect will begin to pivot and report these probable cases." Engel said that the CDC has agreed to the new reporting protocols

Senior Advisor

I didn't say they weren't, you dimwit.

I did say that false negatives are much more prevalent than positives, which is a problem for your case if you have the math chops to work though that.