cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Empathy

Having trouble posting this as site crashes when I past the clip so will try just the link

It is worth a read

.https://farmtario.com/news/editorial-empathy-can-be-a-superpower/?utm_source=GFM+Publications&utm_ca...

4 Replies
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Empathy

Will try posting clip here

Many consider empathy a weakness — and the agriculture discussion degenerated into the label-driven name calling that proves so destructive on social media and in society in general. The inability to understand the other side of an argument and potentially borrow from good ideas of others with whom you disagree is the root rot of western civilization and is the greatest threat to future stability of democracy.

The Americans are in the worst throws of this and it is hard to watch. Their system is set up to balance sides, limit power and force compromise — which are the best outcomes of democracy. However, when leaders of both sides are fundamentally entrenched and subjected to howls of derision from commentators and the loud edges of their bases of support, it doesn’t work, as we now see in the hyper-partisan world of American politics.

“Weakness!” They scream. “Flip flopper!” And those are the polite pejoratives. Leadership is doing what’s right for your citizens and sometimes that goes beyond partisan boundaries.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I don't know anyone who considers empathy a weakness.

Many dislike people who try to use their own claims of empathy to force others to comply with what they wish done.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

As I said.

"XXXX your feelings. I'm the Real Victim."

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

democrat empathy

"I just think that COVID is God's gift to the Left," Fonda said.

She described the coronavirus pandemic as an "existential crossroads" for humanity to address issues like climate change.

"What a great gift, what a tremendous opportunity, we are so lucky, we have to use it with every ounce of intelligence and courage and wherewithal we have," she added.

Fonda appeared alongside vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris and the Biden campaign in a virtual event in September.