Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Empty Words

16 Replies
gough whitlam
Advisor

Re: Empty Words

There's a few at the big end of town who should be pleased he was there to save them.

4wd
Senior Contributor

Re: Yep

hahahahaha, how true. Who wants to expand their business, when the tax laws you use to expand today will be taken away from you next year.  What a mess.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Yep

When are you guys going to get it through your thick skulls that they have had those advantages for how many years?? 7-8?  Have they expanded?  NO!!  Just gave themselves more money and toys with the extra profits.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yep! There damned lucky they aren't already out of business.  Perhaps their own past reckless behavior is giving them pause. Maybe government may not bail their butts out next time

Kraftedbydemocrats
Senior Contributor

Lets hope not.

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Out of respect to Craig, don and gough do you even have any idea of what's being adressed or discussed here?

Samnospam
Advisor

It amazes me how the few hot button issues are batted back and forth on this forum, while everyone ignores the elephant.  Maybe they just don't know.  

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

What you say.

I'm becoming quite convinced, and not just here but out on the street that many do not...either don't sense it or don't get it or simply aren't conditioned to look.

I've never felt more like, as the kid says in the movie, that "I see dead people". This incredibly oppressive weather, while technically/numerically no different than it may have been in the past is quite distinct in how it is affecting people and things...my house is doin' s**t that it's never done before....and the zombie look of the people I meet, particularily those whose enter[prises or positions or professions put them in a place TO understand that we are simply playing out the string, on the way to something "new"...

...I don't know..as my girls would have said when in Jr. Hi...."it's like, all weird or something"....waking up and walking out of a morning to someplace you've never been before, while never having consciously moved.

Samnospam
Advisor

There is a new term on the street. "99'ers", when I heard that I thought "**bleep** we're developing a lexicon, that ain't good".   Banks are hearing the term from customers.  When a customer calls themselves a 99'er, the banker knows its not good news.  

For us, ironically, the weather most closely matches 1934.