cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Entitlements, nothing hard about it

We are not afraid to let death come peacefully, we just don't want the government to decide for us what is peaceful and what is not.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

We are not afraid to let death come peacefully, we just don't want the government to decide for us what is peaceful and what is not.

The cases I having been talking of it is not 'the government' that is fighting nature and death but family and religious zealots.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Canuck, who ever pays the bill has the control. If the religious zealots wants to pay the bill they can do as they want. If the government pays the bill you can rest assured it will.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Teach a man how to fish, he will eat the rest of his life.  Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

"How many lefties do you know that favor abortions and at the same time stand strongly against euthanasia?"

I got that impression with you Don.   Excuse me if I'm wrong but as I recall you have always defended and been in favor of pretty much all abortions being legal.  Then when the discussion of euthanasia pops up and people question the wisdom of prolonging the lives of deathly sick people often with machines who have no quality of life or hope of recovery and the enormous medical costs and personal toll associated with it you replied with the following.

The last days cost money to preserve life whether you are a 50 year old or a 80 year old. You want to determine a check out time for those older folks because you think there is little value in preserving life at that age. That is your right to think that way but it is kind of a callous disdain for older folks. I thought you repubs were against death panels.

Why not cut off SS and just let those old folks starve to death. Or is it more merciful to just deny them treatment?

Perhaps I misinterpreted that reply and you were not referring to euthanasia.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Canuck, who ever pays the bill has the control. If the religious zealots wants to pay the bill they can do as they want. If the government pays the bill you can rest assured it will.

So in your country it is the insurance companies and here it is not the government because they pay the bill if the medical people say it is needed.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

So in your country it is the insurance companies and here it is not the government because they pay the bill if the medical people say it is needed.

I rest my case.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

I rest my case.

Splitting hairs maybe but what I was pointing out was it is the medical people that make the decisions not the government in Canada.

The government just pays the bill.

There is a list of approved procedures that can be done and get paid for but the decision on using these is made by the doctors on each case.