cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Establishment, big business team up against baggers

Just who is it fighting for the little guy and their freedom guaranteed under the Constitution?

snip-

As we approach the 2014 mid-term election, the Republican Party’s center-right business-leaning faction exchanging blows with its own Tea Party group may prove to be self-destructive. Across the nation, these factions will collide via their political groups such as Defending Main Street, which plans on amassing up to $8 million to obstruct Tea Party candidates from winning primary elections.

"We're going to be very aggressive and we're going to get in their faces,” says former Rep. Steve La Tourette of Ohio who runs Defending America.

Not surprisingly, joining Tourette will be George W. Bush’s chief political strategist Karl Rove and his copious “Conservative Victory Project,” an arm of his Crossroads Super PAC. He will be surfacing candidates and supporting the most viable conservatives that can win in a general election.

Rove and other establishment Republicans believe a takeover by Tea Party candidates will make vulnerable the Republican's command in the House and may hurt their chances to seize control in the Senate.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/24/Moneyed-Republicans-Try-to-Neutralize-Tea-Party-A...

11 Replies
Advisor

Re: Establishment, big business team up against baggers

Good grieif. Any number of us have been telling you was going to happen for over 3 years here. Now that it's reported at breibart it's news to you.
Veteran Advisor

It sure isn't the tea party nor the majority of the GOP!
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, How does it feel to be supporting active fascists? Once upon a time, when you were a young man, you actively fought against "The Man", and now, you ARE "The Man"! Smiley Sad

What did they call it, back in the day? Oh yeah, Sellout.

Yeah, it will be interesting.

Although as I've previously noted, a serious GOP split toward a third party will get them crushed in a presidential election on account of the way the constitutional system was designed. It's your call as to whether to hold your nose and stay in bed with the stinkers or not.

If there's to continue to be a GOP with any national influence it probably has to go in favor of the Tea Party. In the end the C of C wing would probably go along, if necessary, as a matter of expediency. Probably less true in the opposite case.

So I conclude that you have the whip hand.

Although I'm having a hard time identifying what potential base there is out there that can be further energized and suspect that all that energy may turn more than a few off at the fringe, even if the muckymucks go along.

Nothing new, in fact it is already in play.

But it is of great advantage in a negotiation if you can convince the guy across the table that you really are crazy.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Yeah, it will be interesting.

Although as I've previously noted, a serious GOP split toward a third party will get them crushed in a presidential election on account of the way the constitutional system was designed. It's your call as to whether to hold your nose and stay in bed with the stinkers or not.

If there's to continue to be a GOP with any national influence it probably has to go in favor of the Tea Party. In the end the C of C wing would probably go along, if necessary, as a matter of expediency. Probably less true in the opposite case.

So I conclude that you have the whip hand.

Although I'm having a hard time identifying what potential base there is out there that can be further energized and suspect that all that energy may turn more than a few off at the fringe, even if the muckymucks go along.

If the GOP splits we might then have a two party system. Now all we have is the party of big government and the party of bigger government.

Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:
Good grieif. Any number of us have been telling you was going to happen for over 3 years here. Now that it's reported at breibart it's news to you.

Where are you on this Bruce? Establishment or reformer.

The fellah's marching up Seminary Ridge into Gen. Meade's guns may have been right as rain, too, by somebody's measure.

Just tellin' you that if you want to hand it all to the Democrats, go ahead and split. In a parlamentary system it would be very effective, in our system and the current political configuration, not at all.

Which is why I say that the C of C wing will do almost anything to avoid a split- they don't care a hoot about the top ten things on your list but they'll accomodate almost anything in order to get what they do want.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

The fellah's marching up Seminary Ridge into Gen. Meade's guns may have been right as rain, too, by somebody's measure.

Just tellin' you that if you want to hand it all to the Democrats, go ahead and split. In a parlamentary system it would be very effective, in our system and the current political configuration, not at all.

Which is why I say that the C of C wing will do almost anything to avoid a split- they don't care a hoot about the top ten things on your list but they'll accomodate almost anything in order to get what they do want.

Dems have it all now. There is zero difference between Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid. There is zero difference between John McCain and Barbara Boxer. There is zero difference between Lindsey Graham and Diana Feinstein. There is zero difference between Peter King in New York and Nancy Pelosi. They may say difference things but have similar goals. All of those goals include bigger, more intrusive government.