cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Even the most godly rich Christians

pass the offering tray in front of the most penniless of souls. Instead of putting a penny in their pocket they want to shame them into giving what little they have.

I guess that explains their taxing philosophy.

44 Replies
Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Re: Even the most godly rich Christians

Not the philosophy at our church. The food pantry hands food out to many and helps to pay their rent and utility bills.

Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

pass the offering tray in front of the most penniless of souls. Instead of putting a penny in their pocket they want to shame them into giving what little they have.

I guess that explains their taxing philosophy.

You have seen what you say? Really?

Veteran Advisor

To just anyone, or by qualification? Respectfully curious.

Senior Contributor

To most anyone. I'm not in charge, not sure how they decide. I do know they finally cut them off if they aren't willing to help themselves. No, they don't have to be Catholic if they is what you are asking. Most of them are not but a fair number are. Sometimes they help them for a few months, they get back on their feet, then they get their legs cut out from under them again and they need more help.

Veteran Advisor

Sounds like good people.

Senior Contributor

They are Bruce. Thank you. I appreciate that.

Senior Contributor

Even the dumbest people sometimes make good points...... Someday Kraft you might actually make one.

Christians give over 70% of the charity in this country. That's from the government itself bub. I hate to call you a name, but stupid is as stupid does. You don't have a clue do you?

Senior Contributor

Every church I have been to has a program like 3020's has. In the town my church is in has a soup kitchen that feeds the homeless or anyone who needs a meal. I have volunteered many times to help cook the meal. Every day this soup kitchen is feeding people. That is what christians do.