cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: That's sad.

I suppose you think that is a valid rebuttal. Unfortunately You aren't too familiar with truth and logic. Your response is illogical blather which is the only remedy when you don't have a compelling argument.

You are not required to respond to expose your ignorance. You could choose to remain silent and not expose yourself to ridicule

Senior Contributor

Re: Even the most godly rich Christians

@kraft-t wrote:

You're confused SS benefits are a return on an investment in ourselves and our fellow countrymen. The excess contributions has been invested in US government securities. Those dollars were borrowed fromSS and spent on tax cuts for your rich friends an foreign involvements And the most dollars on defense and military toys than the top ten competing countries on the planet.

China. Russia France Great Britain Germany Canada, Italy, Japan, Australia combined do not spend as much on their departments of defense/offense as the Americans do. That   our SS surplus is going. That doesn't mean SS is broke. It means the department of defense is broke.

Wow thats simplistic. Ok, your liberal Icon LBJ put SS into the general fund pulling it from its "lock box". True they do put IOU's on paper but that means little. Its already gone. I wish I could write an IOU and then print more money for myself. Every yes EVERY surplus we have ever had was actually SS taxes that were coming in. And if they were in a lock box, how then are they considered "surplus"?

Isn't there supposed to be a surplus??????? I mean if I'm paying into something for years and am going to dig into it in my latter years I hope it's worth more than Zero. I just don't understand you guys on this. It's a complete and utter fraud. And yes I know that Technically LBJ just changed the accounting method for SS, it neverless showed up then in the Budget. And once something's in the budget..... Its gone. Pure and simple.

Senior Advisor

Re: Don, I think that it's appropriate to say......

I don't think I fit that description in the slightest. I base my opinions on your words and actions.

For example. You would oppose gay marriages not because they adversely effect your life but because you are allowing your alleged christian conviction as an excuse to deny a group of people equal rights. Thus your cussed orneryness is a product of your conviction which you choose to damage other citizens.

This is positive reinforcement that you will willingly use your faith as an excuse to discriminate against others. America is not like that. Real Americans believe in the constitutional rights of freedom of religion. You have your right to believe what want to but you shouldn't be trying to impose your religious morals on other folks lives. Even Jesus knew enough to render unto ceasar what was caesars. Jesus did not become politically involved nor did he try to make government into images of his own creation.

Why do you feel charged to do what the Christ himself chose not to do. The difference being the messiah offered his message to all that would listen. You would like to use state and federal law to impose compliance with your religious conviction. Not even Jesus did that. Do you have scriptural inspiration that commands you to behave in that manner?   THOU SHALL MAKE MY LAW THE LAW OF AMERICA!  Is there scripture that commands you to take that action?

The taliban are in fact in a position of undue power and political influence because they were not faced with strong resistance in the beginning. Hopefully we the people, the constitution and the courts can stop that from happening here. No doubt you have heard of the tyranny of the majority. That is what would happen here if christian political influence were not resisted here.

Senior Advisor

Re: Even the most godly rich Christians

Your argument is based on the assumption that money saved or invested is gone. When I put my money in the bank, I assume they will loan the money out to some worthy borrower and he will pay it back in due time with interest and the bank will have the funds to repay my deposit.

You want to assume that the federal government is borrowing SS trust funds and has no ability or intention to pay it back. The Federal government has never defaulted on an investment. Not ever in history. Yet you want to assume that they will reneg and leave seniors holding the bag. Not so. They will repay money due to be repaid to the SS trust funds when they are needed. Even if they have to sell new bonds to new buyers to repay them.

What does it really matter whether the debt is owed to the SS trust fund or to other investors> Debt is debt no matter who it is owed to. Or do you think there is some particular reason that the government would like to stiff seniors?

That is republican speak. Only they would consider that option as a scare tactic against seniors or want to be seniors. 

BTW do you think your savings are locked up in your local bank vault or do you think it is loaned out to someone? If that money is lost through bad loans,your deposits are guaranteed by the same U.S. government that is guaranteeing those SS trust fund securities. I hope you can sleep tonight knowing that. Ha!

Senior Contributor

Christ Himself said homesexuality is wrong. Christ said if you divorce your wife and marry another you commit adultery. Do you compare Christ with the taliban? You have truly gone off the deep end Mr Kraft.

Veteran Advisor

So, you rate divorce the same as you do homosexuality??????

Senior Advisor

Comprehension 3020, comprehension. Never did I say the christ was comparable to the taliban. Quite the contrary. The messiah never tried to intrude in government matters. I don't believe he ever tried to impose his philosophy in the political arena. In fact, I think he offered his message to the public and they were able to accept or reject him.

On the contrary though, many of his self appointed followers have chosen to impose their theocratical beliefs on the political arena. US law must be this because our faith requires it. The same influence that the taliban uses. Our faith is right so we insist you impose this law. Not much different that I can see.

BTW Is Rush Limbaugh an adulterer? Was Ronald Reagan? Newt Gingrich? And the many fellow travelers on these pages that are products of a divorce court. Why aren't you smearing all of them like you are the gays.

Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Comprehension 3020, comprehension. Never did I say the christ was comparable to the taliban. Quite the contrary. The messiah never tried to intrude in government matters. I don't believe he ever tried to impose his philosophy in the political arena. In fact, I think he offered his message to the public and they were able to accept or reject him.

On the contrary though, many of his self appointed followers have chosen to impose their theocratical beliefs on the political arena. US law must be this because our faith requires it. The same influence that the taliban uses. Our faith is right so we insist you impose this law. Not much different that I can see.

BTW Is Rush Limbaugh an adulterer? Was Ronald Reagan? Newt Gingrich? And the many fellow travelers on these pages that are products of a divorce court. Why aren't you smearing all of them like you are the gays.

I don't pass judgements Mr Kraft, I serve the Lord. What gays do is their business, just because they live together does not make it a marriage. If Christ said the same does that make Him equal to the taliban? He most certainly did get involved with politics, He said render unto Cesar that which is caesars and render unto the Lord that which is the Lords.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Re: Going thru the list of liberal talking points tonight?

You are absolutely correct Hawken!  Snicker snicker  Now remember we need to exhibit good sportsmanship, no endzone dances  heh heh  We whupped `em good though didn`t we? They`re really desperate to find arguing points .....I mean Republican Christians?? Honestly.