cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Extremist pictures

You know Millie your pictures posted like that mean squat to a thinking person.

It is like taking a phrase out of an hour long speech.

1 little picture or one phrase by itself could look like the reverse of the truth.

A picture of a dead woman might tell the whole/true story if the abortion had not been carried out.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: First of all Hobby that subsidy

BA you said "subsidies a farmer gets is a direct payment of about $35 plus a reduced price on crop insurance for a total of maybe $50/acre."

My question is why do you need any subsidy in a year like this with record high prices?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: First of all Hobby

$50/acre.  I hope you are mistaken because I really don't want to call you a liar.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

You know Millie your pictures posted like that mean squat to a thinking person.

It is like taking a phrase out of an hour long speech.

1 little picture or one phrase by itself could look like the reverse of the truth.

A picture of a dead woman might tell the whole/true story if the abortion had not been carried out.

Looks like there were a lot of mothers saved on this day. Now Obama is going to shut down the government to make sure this is how our "health care" dollars are spent.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

So r3020, if you want to prescribe medical procedures then I get to pick the variety of corn for you to plant and make money from. OK?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

So r3020, if you want to prescribe medical procedures then I get to pick the variety of corn for you to plant and make money from. OK?

Medical procedure?????.....yeah...I guess you could call it that. Survival of the fittest. Life is cheap.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: First of all Hobby

@GoredHusker wrote:

This shouldn't be too hard to explain.  Germany imports over 90% of their crude oil demand.  According to Oil and Gas Journal, Germany's domestic supply of crude oil makes up just 6.3% of it's total usage.  The U.S. on the other hand imports roughly 50-60% of their crude oil demand.  According to EIA, 37% of refined petroleum products sold in the U.S. are not only extracted but also refined right here in the good ole USA. 

It's because of having to import and sustain the shipping costs that fuel would be higher in Germany.  It's the same with food.  Food is a lot cheaper here in the U.S. than it is in Japan because the U.S. produces it's own food while Japan imports most of its food. 

So by that reasoning gas in Canada should be cheaper than the US where we export a lot of oil to.

BUT our price is $1.30/litre and yours? $1 or less by what I read.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

You could call me a liar, Bart...

...and I could forgive you according to the chapter of Corinthians, a Jesus Freak once posted something about that  Smiley Happy  You do sound a little angry though Bart...anyhoo

Direct Payment is 28¢   say your "proven yield" is 145bu/acre.  Now 145 X 85% (don`t ask why, ya just do, it`s the gov`t) =123.25 payment bushels X28¢= $34.51 per acre  Plus about $15/acre in crop insurance subsidy(amounts can very)   $34.51+$15=$49.51   Pretty damned close to $50, wouldn`t you say? Did I leave anything out?.....Huh? ....Anything??.....Anybody??...Seeing as I didn`t I will forgive your asinine post, Schurrbart.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: First of all Hobby that subsidy

Canuck, what am I suposed to do about it? Both Democrats and Republicans passed a Farm Bill a few years ago when grain was much cheaper, who knows maybe next year the prices will be down again. I can only play the cards that I am dealt.  You could reply by saying that you would opt out of the program and ....I will not believe you  Smiley Happy

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Extremist and hockey sticks.

Craig, you are such a blow hard!

" I know from experience from buying hay once that had hog manure on it....it took me 3 years to work that lot of hay off by sticking one or two square bales in each load to get rid of it."

Libelous Lie?? From the mouths of babes. I'll just bet everyone of those people that bought that hay was told, RIGHT??