cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: First of all Hobby

Your menory fails you again in my previous posts i stated I took govt payta but stopped several years ago.   As far as hypocrites is it not true to say one thing yet not follow up on what you say.  Its hard to buy that farmers could care less if payts stop. by using  your example in one of your post the DP amounts to about 35.00 per ace  so if collected on a 1000 acres  thats a pretty good hunk of change to me.   

I don't pay 130 for seed I purchase from a small co that has conventional at 74,00 a bag. It dose well in my ground 150/160 yeild.  Fertilizer is side dressed keeping cost down without mining.  Work is done with 30 yr old equipment maintainied by myself getting harder at 70.  My young neighbors kid  obout my old Allis but I not farming to amuse them.    

Ethanol  requires more usage just from the poor millage it delivers if you loose just 3 miles a gallon   how much more is used in 10000 miles.  Ethanol works for  Brazil cause the don't use carn  

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

BA, I'm gald I'm in your thoughts everyday. 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

news to me too, Hobby

You lost a lot of credibility when you admitted that you took federal crop subsidies back when they were a huge percentage of farm income.

It is like when Winston Churchill was sitting next to boorish woman at a dinner and she got on his nerves for something. He asked her if she would hypothetically sleep with him for a million lbs. She said she hypothetically probably would. Next he asked her the same question, but for 100,000 lbs and she said, well maybe. Finally he asked her if she would sleep with him for ten lbs, and she said "no way, what kind of woman do you think I am?"

Churchill looked her in the eye and said "Madam, we have already established what kind of woman you are, now we are just negotiating on the price".

Smiley Happy

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: news to me too, Hobby

His postings here have not changed. They are the same now as when he was taking his subsidies. H

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red and MoS

If Hobby had ever said that he at one time took subsidies and I saw it, I would have been suprised and definately commented on it.  Virtually all of his posts are segues to farmer bashing, I just can`t fathom him saying "Oh, and by the way, I did take farm subsidies at one time"  Smiley Very Happy  Naught Bloody Likely.  He acuses me of having a bad memory, well pert near 2 yrs ago he told the story of how a local big shot farmer and his son were jipping his widowed Mother and how he put the run on them.  He told how his Wife kicks him under the table when he goes off on his anti-farmer rant at a get- together.  ATTENTION EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!!!  HAS ANYONE SEEN WHERE HOBBYFARM HAS EVER ADMITTED TO HAVING AT ONE TIME COLLECTED FARM SUBSIDIES????  Please reply with just a date or title of the post or anything. I`m not saying he hasn`t it`s just that 3 of us now can`t recall seeing it.  If you`re a Schurrbart or Bruce this is a golden opportunity to put egg on my face, in case you two need a little more incentive to look  Smiley Happy

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yeah Hobby I don`t pay $130 now for seed either, last fall it was $230.  Here`s a couple questions 1. where was it that you admitted to having took subsidies? If it was many "previous posts",  just one will do nicely, thank you .   2. If you farmed for a living would you turn down subsidies, I`m talking if you actually competitively bid $250, $300 for land rent"  "Oh, I`m too smart, I wouldn`t payment that much for rent!!!"   .....Ah Yeah and you`re detached from reality too.   Oh and if you`re skimping on fertilizer, yeah you`re a smart guy and it`s working for you, however I pity the fool that ends up renting your land....in more ways than one. 

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: Hey Red and MoS

I couldn't give you a date or posting but he has admitted to taking subsidies on here a few times and I'm pretty sure that, while taking those subsidies, he was harping on others for taking them.

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Get real with the oil subsidies

If oil was subsidized to the point of ethanol, we'd have spent well over 2 trillion in the past decade. 

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

How is ethanol still considered a new industry?  Corn based ethanol has been around for decades.  Where does one draw the line on whether or not it's a new industry? 

As a fellow farmer, I don't necessarily agree with your assumption that people are irritated that farmers are making money.  In another post, you stated being subsidized around $90 per acre.  People who are struggling to make ends meet have an issue of subsidizing our occupation to the tune of the $90 per acre when profits are so high.

GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

How do your taxes compare to the U.S.?