cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

FBI

Pretty good essay on the misdeeds of the justice department in an attempt to change the outcome of an election. Based on a fake document created by the Clinton campaign and the russians. Then regurgitated to cover for those involved.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-brazen-plot-against-trump-by-the-obama-fbi-and-doj-continues-ena...

13 Replies
Advisor

Re: FBI

Pertinent investigations were in place years before the notion of Donald Trump running for President or the (Republican commissioned Steele Dossier) was compiled.

The meme laid forth in this article is being widely disseminated on various RW, “save Trump....he’s all we’ve got!” fronts..

Makes for great optics.  Doesn’t fit the history of governance or law.

Senior Advisor

Mueller trying to cover for justice wrong doing. Using the federal government to try to fix an election. It was the Clinton campaign who paid Steele. The fake document he created was used as a basis for a FISA warrant. ILLEGAL spying on a presidential campaign and transition team.

Veteran Advisor

Veteran Advisor

What are you guys going to do if you are wrong??
Veteran Advisor

"What are you guys going to do if you are wrong?"

Never claimed to be "right", there's always different angles to look at, but to answer your question, same as last year and the year before and the year before that, only hoping to do it better.

As I've said before, I would very much like the Mueller investigations to end sooner rather than later.  Either way it goes, it's not good for American politics nor economics, and probably worse if it finalizes anywhere near another election time or during a period of transition.  If the investigations keep dragging on, I suspect it's because the Mueller team is looking more deeply into CIA, FBI and previous administration involvements, though that's obviously just my personal opinion, which is based on a big assumption that, after essentially 2 years of investigating Trump people, there's not much left to discover on that end of things.

Veteran Advisor

So if trump is ousted by Mueller, you’ll just chalk it up as too bad and move on?? BS. You have so much big talk about how great trump is, you would lose too much face to just quietly crawl away!!
Veteran Advisor

And, just another thought -- looking back at the Nixon and Bill Clinton investigations, I don't think we, as Americans in general, really gained all that much overall relative to the economic and political costs of the investigations, nor results.

Veteran Advisor

Well, first of all, Trump can't be ousted by Mueller, but I understand what you meant to say.  Regardiing, "so much big talk about how great trump is", I'm sure that wasn't intended for me, since you don't really hear that from me.  And, regarding, "you’ll just chalk it up as too bad and move on" -- yup. 

My biggest concern would be that Mueller's report condemns Trump, the House votes to impeach, the really long-shot happens with Senate breaking ranks and votes to convict, Pence becomes President, something happens to Pence, and Pelosi becomes President.  Well, at this point, doubt if any of that happens, yet the first step (Mueller's report) has toss-up odds, and the second step (House) is quite possible if the first step happens.  In any case, the 2016 election still stands, clock isn't rolled back, it's still 2019, AND there's another election next year..

Advisor

Yes. If there weren’t possible cause there would have been no need for the investigation. Or it would have ended in days or weeks.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/01/14/we-need-to-know-why-the-intelligence-community-suspects-don...