cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Death penaly

@r3020 wrote:

The only good thing about killing a killer is he will never have the chance to kill again. Life at hard labor is a much better punishment.

So if you already have this killer so you are able to kill him/her then why not just keep them locked up so they can not kill anyone else if they are ever inclined?

r3020
Senior Contributor

Re: Death penaly

They kill in prison. The prisoners who are not violent do not deserve to be killed by a killer.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Death penalty

@r3020 wrote:

They kill in prison. The prisoners who are not violent do not deserve to be killed by a killer.

So your answer to a potential murder is to kill the potential murderer before he kills. Got a good crystal ball?

Why would your prisons put violent prisoners with non violent, indeed if they are violent why are they with anyone else?

Killing is killing, why do you want to be a killer?

man of steel
Senior Contributor

"Well mos it seems plain to me that cutting a hand off a robber is not appropriate but OK I will try to explain to you. First it is an example of violent, indeed barbaric punishment that accomplishes nothing but leaving the 'robber' with a huge disadvantage to ever carrying out a productive life therfore he/she will probably have to steal again in order to survive."

Good! No you are talking reason

"I still fail to see how I "misrepresented" any other view. I just opinioned that taking anothers life is wrong and will not accomplish anything.

Go back and reread.

"Killing someone just so they will not kill anyone else is not the only answer, locking them up will accomplish the same thing. Why kill them it just gives others reason to kill more so they are not apprehended since they can only die once."

Not always. Ever here of escapes and prison deaths?

"I will allow that self defense may be a reaon to kill others but you give no other reason for killing others even though you claim there are many."

Self-defense is a pretty good reason. Do we need more than that?

"I do not think it is appropriate to take anothers life, you on the other hand think life is yours to take but for no reason except revenge."

There you go again misrepresenting what I said. STOP THAT!

"Is revenge a good reason? I think not!

Why not present an good example on how to live rather than a bad example?

You put forth the idea that everyone should do as you say not as you do.

Why would you think it is good to cut a hand off a robber?"

Never said it was. Don't undestand that yet. REREAD AGAIN!

"And to refer back to your premis that it is 'punishment' I agree BUT not appropriate 'punishment' just as cutting the hand off a robber is not appropriate."

Then why do you keep misrepresenting it as revenge?

r3020
Senior Contributor

You don't need a crystal ball, you already know they are a murderer. However I did say I would rather they have hard labor as death as it is a much better punishment. If however they are put to death it is after a trial, unlike the 324,000/year totally innocent unborn who are given the death penalty before they are ever allowed to draw their first breath. Killing is killing.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

You are going around in circles mos. You give no reason to kill another who was convicted of a crime.

If killing a person is not an appropriate 'punishment' then it leaves only revenge for a motive to want to kill a convicted person.

Why are you so vengefull?

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Death penatly

So how do you know who to kill to stop those killings in prison?

Maybe they should have better protection for their prisoners.

BTW innocent people are also in prison including one who former President Bush allowed to be executed.

While this one was not going to be executed it is an example of how innocents end up incarcerated.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/208823/innocent_man_released_from_prison_after.html?cat=2

That in itself is a good reason to not allow government murder.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

"You are going around in circles mos. You give no reason to kill another who was convicted of a crime."

Yes I did. I said and I quote:

"Many believe there are crimes that are committed that deserve the ultiment price, life. "

"If killing a person is not an appropriate 'punishment' then..."

I believe capital punishment is appropriate in some cases and I don't believe in revengeful capital punishment.

"... it leaves only revenge for a motive to want to kill a convicted person. Why are you so vengefull?"

Would you stop the revenge BS you jerk. I've told you over and over that it's not the reason I believe that capital punishment is appropriate. Get that through your head if you want to continue a conversation. I have not misrepresented your views as you have mine over and over again. Is your argument so weak you must lie about my stance? Seems to be that way from postings here!

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Sorry for being a 'jerk' but for many people killing others is not appropriate so the only reason left is revenge. So in my eyes it is revenge killing. What other purpose can it serve.

There is just no justifiable reason to take anothers life.

And I might point out you have not provided one except 'it is punishment' which I maintain is not appropriate.

Give me any other reason to show it is not revenge.

r3020
Senior Contributor

Re: Death penatly

And 324,000 innocent children are killed in the past year without so much as being acknowledged as living beings. That in itself is good reason not to allow the government to murder.