Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Fannie, Freddie, FBI

18 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Fannie, Freddie, FBI

Have long maintained that if one were an enterprising reporter without regard for one's own life that the great story of the 2008 collapse is to go back and find out who the counterparties were to the dericatives that drained Franny well before.

Actually it is a short list of who could have been and the answer is all of the above. Just need the details, both inside and out.

bruce MN
Advisor

And the truth would have just been one more item for the list of things shown and proven for the political and media right that can't be. Simply, because they simply "can't be".

I believe that Tiabbi skirted around the edges of it, but, yeah,  probably much more and an invitation for the fitting of cement overshoes.

And, of course, even if the FBI comes up with concrete (pun intended) evidence it would be unlikely that Justice would be allowed to do anything about it, after calling around a little.

hardnox604008
Advisor

And in the unlikely case that an investigation was pressed and any probative evidence was amassed it would no doubt be gathered centrally at some point where terrorists, foreign or domestic, would coincidentally destroy it because they hate all that we stand for.

And the home team wins again, coming and going.

Have I mentioned how totally screwed we are?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Since the government can't seem to handle banking maybe we should give them control over healthcare. I'm sure that will go much better.

bruce MN
Advisor

Whatever the h#ll does the article or anyting that nox or I have said in this thread have to do with the govenment "handling" banking? 

The only possible thing you might mean is the problem being discussed here having stemmed form an untoward and cynical move on the part of a bipartisan group of elected officials to consciously stand out of the way of investment banking back in 1998, but I doubt you meant that.

Read the article again.  Or, as it often seems to be teh case when you respond to something, read it for the first time  I think you might find that you have the blame directed in it backwards.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Whatever the h#ll does the article or anyting that nox or I have said in this thread have to do with the govenment "handling" banking? 

The only possible thing you might mean is the problem being discussed here having stemmed form an untoward and cynical move on the part of a bipartisan group of elected officials to consciously stand out of the way of investment banking back in 1998, but I doubt you meant that.

Read the article again.  Or, as it often seems to be teh case when you respond to something, read it for the first time  I think you might find that you have the blame directed in it backwards.

Freddie/Fannie are the enablers.

bruce MN
Advisor

Of what in this situation? Again, did you read it?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Bruce, he nailed you on that one. Take it like a man.

A private system of banking would never get abused to the extent that the government system does. I don't expect you to be capable of understanding that, as you are incapable of understanding just about every other issue, but that is the fact.

The $90 billion dollars in estimated Medicare fraud would alert a more circumspect man than you, but that is the cards you play with.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Of what in this situation? Again, did you read it?

Yes. I read it this morning. If freddie/fannie weren't putting in these big orders the banksters couldn't get in front of them.