cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Farmers, will you get the vaccine?

You'd always have assumed that would be true, to some greater or lesser degree.

They've just been very cautious in saying so until there was data.

Even a halfway thing cuts R below 0, eventually. But I'll still do my best to follow guidelines.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Got my first dose yesterday, ....

I got my first dose yesterday, here it's just luck and fast fingers on the computer, literally, just if you happen to get the text message announcing the arrival of supply.  In less than 2 minutes, all the doses are spoken for.  It's really not fair for a lot of older people.  I got my text message three minutes before my 87 yr old neighbor, he got his text  message just as I called him about three minutes after I did.  By the time he got to the website, all the appointments were filled.

Instead of this mad scramble, they should put you on the list and rank people by age and send text messages or automated phone calls to the oldest first, based on how many doses are available.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Got my first dose yesterday, ....

Fredo's brother can't do anything right. Yet he got an emmy. And wrote a book.

bruce MN
Advisor

Been virgin territory since the beginning

Some of the best people on the planet been working their hind end off to get it’s inhabitants over and through this.

Large numbers of mistakes have been made. Large number of politics miscalculations. 

But on balance, it’s been as monumental as the disease has been spectacular.

Get a shot when you can...even if only one for now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/02/12/all-covid-vaccines-stop-death-severe-illness-colum...

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: If there ever was a national security argument for ....

If there ever was a national security argument for foreign aid, that $4 billion for vaccines for countries with far fewer resources is it.

The more people actively incubating the virus is just a greater probability of a seriously more virulent strain emerging.  And we already know that it can be here in a matter of days if not hours.

babygirl72265
Visitor

maybe 3-6 months i can get the vaccine

Using Word unscrambler free tool - a simple online tool for unscrambling, solving scrambled words.
Details my website: word unscrambler

sw363535
Honored Advisor

I just wonder ..... If the antibodies from a strong case of the virus are only supposed to last for a few months......

How do we feel about the vaccine if it only lasts 5 or 6 months???

Also I have never understood the idea of shoving the elderly  to the front of the line.  Does that actually make sense?

Sounds a bit NY to me.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Argument for the elderly first is they are the ones most adversely impacted by Covid.

That of course is without the long term outlook of how many younger people have life altering impacts that might not all show up for a year or more.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

As always in this thing, best to just listen to the people who know something rather than fishing around for a buhwhatabout in order to be contrary.

They haven’t always been right, just more so than anyone else if you look at the evolving scientific consensus.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

scientific consensus is written by those who need to defend their choices (or mistakes)

I only listen hard to my medical doctors....... Not many in the medical profession at the microphones.   Mostly politicians wielding power the last few months and a researcher or two hedging their positions like a well known marketing guru.   My family MD asks me if I'm gonna get the vaccine.  I ask "If the antibodies from having the virus only last 4 months as some non medical experts claim then how long is the vaccine going to last...????  If the virus has a 97% survival rate and I have survived it once, why do I step in front of vaccinating my grandson or son or my governor?

The question still stands ....... If you were to try and save society from an actual threatening, mutating, diabolical virus.  who would be the priority to vaccinate?  How important would it be to build immunity in the elderly crowd, using up vaccine that could save their grandchildren from this enemy?

Haven't viral infections been one of the leading causes of death for centuries?  I been vaccinated for 7 or 8 different diseases that threatened to be fatal.  Not one of those vaccinations came with a label that said "wait until your elderly to get vaccinated, because the young can handle it....... flu strains are weak and extremely weakened elderly are encouraged to get vaccinated.  Is this just a baby boomer fashion statement?

The bigger question is what don't we know about this virus??   At least it appears that the folks making protocol are afraid of shadows.