cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Fast and furious served it's purpose

snip-

Dealers must report within five business days a sale of two or more semiautomatic rifles to the same person. That includes rifles with a caliber greater than .22 and with the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

The ATF issued the reporting requirements as part of a stepped-up effort to clamp down on the weapons flowing across the border to drug cartels in Mexico. The rules affect more than 8,000 gun dealers in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California.

Mexican officials have complained bitterly about guns coming illegally from the United States. The gun industry has said the rules will have no impact on the cartels but rather burden law-abiding retailers.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-gun-industry-appeals-rifle-reporting-rules-001447763.html

35 Replies

Re: Fast and furious served it's purpose

I am not opposed to dealers having to report the sale of two or more assault weapons to the same person.

Senior Contributor

You wouldn't be opposed to any oppression though so does that make any difference?

I am opposed to the Patriot Act.

Which BTW, passed with remarkable speed once US Army weapons grade anthrax showed up in the mail of Senators Daschle and Leahy.

Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

I am not opposed to dealers having to report the sale of two or more assault weapons to the same person.

We need this new regulation because so many of the guns showed up at mexican drug crime scenes.......hummmmmm.

Of course you can't even buy one RPG launcher w/grenades, legally. Now that's oppression.

Senior Contributor

And why can't you? 

Why are we sending weapons like this to other people in other countries but not allowing Americans to own them?

Senior Advisor

The new law would not be need if not for the ILLEGAL activities of the US government. Simply amazing, the government steps in to solve a problem of it's own ILLEGAL creation. How many innocents gave their life fore this cause? Fast and furious served it's purpose, the loose of freedom guaranteed to the citizens by the Constitution of the United States of America.

Advisor

grenades, no problem

If you're a drug lord, the atf will hook you up. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/14/earlyshow/main20120395.shtml

Good question.  If the 2nd amendment is to be interpreted as meaning that citizens have the right to organize in militias that act to counter the power of government, all weapons should be legal for US citizens to own, including nuclear and biological.

As to the second amndment I, like justice Scalia, am an originalist. Therefore I believe the constitution guarantees the ownership of weapons as the framers would have originally understood them. You can have all the muzzleloaders and 10 pound cannons that you'd like.