cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

The Constitution restricts the government not citizens

Show us where in the constitution it gives you the right to buy a knife!

Senior Contributor

Re: The Constitution restricts the government not citizens

Now, that, my friend is a good point!! No pun intended!! LOL!!

Advisor

Re: Fast and furious served it's purpose

"Therefore I believe the constitution guarantees the ownership of weapons as the framers would have originally understood them."

Applying that childish illogic to the first amendment, only hand operated printing presses would be protected, not to mention all electronic media.  GROW UP!

I am merely applying Justice Scalia's well known intellectual framework.

Advisor

I don't know anything about explosives, not even how to make a kids volcano project bubble over, I have no books on the subject, I've never visited any web sites on bomb building. I watch American Idol faithfully, even when its not on. I know nothing, nothing...

I think the 2nd amendment is more aptly interpreted as meaning that there was grave distrust of standing armies and that citizen (but not non-governmental) militias were viewed as the best protection.

I'd go for that- a militia system along the lines of Switzerland with universal service and firearms held at home.

And no standing military.

We could even go Iraqi and cache explosives around the country to make it really fun for those Canucks after they invade.

PS. Folks would get to have assault weapons then!

Senior Advisor

@Samnospam wrote:
I don't know anything about explosives, not even how to make a kids volcano project bubble over, I have no books on the subject, I've never visited any web sites on bomb building. I watch American Idol faithfully, even when its not on. I know nothing, nothing...

Even Sergeant Schultz carried a rifle.

Veteran Advisor

Re: The Constitution restricts the government not citizens

You see, the problem is that all these pro-gun at any cost freaks are also strict Constitutionalists that are always stating that the Consititution says... whenever someone brings up something they are against but always seem to want to interpret the paper when they want something.  That seems just a tad flip-floppy to me.  This multiple gun thing has been law in most states for years.  I bought two matching Ruger .45 Long colt Bisley handguns in Illinois 15-16 years ago and I was told that I had to sign a certain piece of paper telling me that it would be reported to ATF because I was buying more than one gun in the month.  It isn't anything new.

Senior Contributor

Nope! Your lack of logic shows in this

@hardnox604008 wrote:

I think the 2nd amendment is more aptly interpreted as meaning that there was grave distrust of standing armies and that citizen (but not non-governmental) militias were viewed as the best protection.

It was a distrust of government.