cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Maybe that was an IL thing

...or at most a handgun thing because I've twice purchased multiple rifles and once purchased mutiple actions and no such thing happened here

Veteran Advisor

Re: Maybe that was an IL thing

No, it is an ATF handgun reg.  The new proposed law or whatever it is will also apply to long guns that are over a .22 cal and have detachible clips.  Same difference.  No big whoop!  By one on the 31st and one on the 1st--no report!

Honored Advisor

See, these ridiculous regulations don`t do any good, it`s just a wastefull "make work" scheme to employ some bureaucrat`s brother-in-law and when in doesn`t it won`t be eleminated (no, that would make sense) they`ll expand it and make more 6 figure jobs for desk jockeys.  I gotta say Schurrbart, Johnaa really schooled you on the Constitution Smiley LOL

Senior Contributor

Nope

It is a hundgun thing but it's five business days. And that is business days the the licensee is open. So if a licensee was only open on Sat. it would then apply through the next four Saturdays. At least that's how the ATF site explains it.

Veteran Advisor

You really think so??  I don't.  We liberals aren't the ones going around trying to be literal with the Constitution like you righties do all the time---when it is something like guns.  Some one said earlier today, that originalists would say that the 2nd gives citizens the right to do whatever was available at the time it was written and that means only Brown Besses and cannons.  You guys cherry pick everything you argue about and then you flip flop on most of that.  Show me all those 6 figure clerical jobs.  I might be interested in coming out of retirement.

Honored Advisor

Hey Schnurrbart, no one is seriously arguing for more gun rights than we have right now.  The military both the US and foreign, have guns that that shoot around corners, microwave weapons that with boil your carcass from the inside out, sound weapons that will make your brains ooze out of your ears.  I just can`t see why Big Brother feels so threatened by a few barefoot hillbillies with AR-15`s with 30rd mags.  See at the time of the authoring of the Constitution the Army had only muzzleloaders and cannons and the farmers were lucky to afford a couple guns.  Today we are pretty much out gunned, wouldn`t you say?