Did you mean: 
rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

Re: Final straw; Done with Trump

Aww darn, I forgot to let you have the last word
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Bs2002bs, you are the less informed in the ways of the world. If an American couple have a baby while visiting Germany for example, that baby will have dual citizenship until they are 18 yrs old. Since the US doesn’t recognize dual citizenship, the child becomes a sole us citizen unless he chooses to be German and renounces his us citizenship. However, if a German couple has a baby here, the child automatically has US citizenship by virtue of the 14th Amendment. If he wanted to be a German citizen instead of US he would renounce the automatic US citizenship and go live in Germany where he is also a citizen by virtue of his German parents. Versteh??
elcheapo
Senior Advisor

The Constitution is the Constitution.
How dare a president even consider nullifing
A sentence of this document, which sets us
Apart from the rest of the world.

Such an action spits in the face of the people
Who give their lives and health to defend these
Rights

Further. He took an oath, on the Bible when
Swarn in, to protect the Constitution....

What do we do with those that break their oath ?

Perhaps some of the self proclaimed Mensa
members here should read the 14th amendment.

((...all persons born or naturalized in the United
States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof,
Are citizens of the United States...))

Notice it said person...I don't think cows, horses,
Cats, dogs, fish or any other creature is mentioned.

Oh.. by the way...there is case law on livestock
Born on your property.

I'll let you do the research.

elcheapo
Senior Advisor

Oops, I said it wrong...here is the oath

""I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute
The office of president of the United States, and
Will do to the best of my ability, preserve,protect
And defend the Constitution of the United States""

I believe wanting to do away with part of an amendment would be in direct violation of
The oath.

Funny, how all you supporters wrap yourselves in
The flag, saying protect the country from
Others and saying it's ""my right"", the Constitution
Gives you this right.

Seem to that the country and Constitution is
Under attack from within....by the same who
Took an oath to preserve, protect and defend
It.

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

You do realize that you are replying to yourself???

gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

Dear Bart,

I hate to break it to you, but I'm fully aware of how the system has been bastardized.

If you are trying to substitute my demonstration of the logical conclusion for the silly justifications used for such bastardization as my understanding for what the system has irrationally become, you fail yet again.  

While you are at it, maybe you'd like to take a crack at the meaning of the word "and"?

Has the definition changed in the last 200 years?  

We should throw these two questions out to any of the Constitutional brain trusts among us.  It's such a small little word.  

sw363535
Honored Advisor

There are no human "rights" guaranteed to anyone....

There are only human rights range in law to citizens...... You have the cart before the horse.  The constitution grants rights to citizens and sets the requirements for citizenship.  Nothing in the constitution grants citizenship to the children of citizens of other countries.

Where you are located does not change anyones citizenship.

The statute pesumes parental citizenship i the US exists or at least lawful presence.

elcheapo
Senior Advisor

Plyler v. Doe
gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

@sw363535 wrote:

There are no human "rights" guaranteed to anyone....

There are only human rights range in law to citizens...... You have the cart before the horse.  The constitution grants rights to citizens and sets the requirements for citizenship.  Nothing in the constitution grants citizenship to the children of citizens of other countries.

Where you are located does not change anyones citizenship.

The statute pesumes parental citizenship i the US exists or at least lawful presence.

Edited after I believe I more fully understand what you were communicating:

The Constitution does not provide for my basic human rights.  They are unalienable.  

My basic human rights are not the same as those of being a citizen, which I think was part of your point.

And so basic rights do not give me permission to live in a foreign country illegally.

Unalienable.... The government does not provide them through law.  If so, changing the law negates them and thus they would not be unalienable.

My human rights exist from an authority greater than the federal government.  

Other countries may not recognize these rights, but that does not make their actions true or moral.  A bandit may not recognize my right to private property, but that does not revoke my right.  It only makes them a criminal.  The same with foreign governments who do not recognize unalienable rights of humans.  

If they do not recognize my being a citizen when I have notet the requirements of such, they are not acting immoral.  

rodgersfarms56
Senior Contributor

sw363535 The most righteous thing about the US and constitution is it does NOT purport to grant us ANY rights. Rights are from God. Or for the atheist Canadians, they are natural rights. The Constitution acknowledges LIBERTY. In the beginning the idea was to leave people the hell alone except to keep them from impeding others rights. I wish it were still true.