cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: For 3020

Why don't you study up on the process of evolution through the years to find the answers and of course you need to know which species you are looking at before you could answer the question anyway.

For your questions about rocks study geology. Remember volcanos are still happening and of course they form from the earth where else do you think the arise from.

I believe you are just being obtuse.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

IH tell me more about this wall that evolution has hit in your understanding.

BTW did you see the latest find that pushes homo sapiens back a further 400,000 years or at least the ancestors of homo sapiens as they have not decided if this is enough different to be a new class or species.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Just as I thought. You have no proof. Zero. Zilch. Nada. All you have is your belief.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

And what is the find Canuck? More subjective carbon dating? Creation is so simple , so easy, but so difficult for some.
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Unless one of you guys was God's secretary...errr...I mean, administrative assistant, at the time of creation, neither of you can prove evolution in a scientific sense. 

Let me suggest that what a scientist might say about evolution would be something along the lines of; "I believe in evolution (a.k.a. Darwin's theory for natural selection) simply because it makes the most sense to me. If, however, a better explanation for the creation of the universe and earth were to come along, I might well change my mind."

Once we resort to theocratic rationales for creation that require divine interventions, we begin to play on G. K. Chesterton's  court. The religious philosopher Chesterton once famously said; "for those who believe in God, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation is possible." Now there's a debate topic killer...ehh?

That said,  science is always asking how and why. What it cannot measure using immutable laws (e.g. Newton's scientific laws of motion) it tries to form workable theories (e.g. Einstein's theory of relativity or Darwin's theory of natural selection) that can then be tested and either supported or rejected. A man's faith in God, unfortunately, is never considered a valid scientific measurement.

Which is not to say that I am questioning anyone's religious convictions. I am not. I am only saying that you cannot use a higher deity as evidence to support a scientific conclusion. Otherwise, we are back with G. K. again.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

If you could prove to me that evolution is none other than a theory you would have my attention, however you cannot, so then that takes me back to creation unless something other is proven.
The account of creation has been written ,however many won't except.
ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Really it boils down us as humans accepting something greater than ourselves. The human mind is fascinating, however it can only go so far as to understanding the depths,of the universe and the mind of God
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I still believe you are being obtuse 3020.

What do you want proof of?

That rocks evolve ? They don't so you need to find the proof if you think they do.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Yes Ih 'creation' is simple, so simple it is found in old story books but it does not describe anything that happens in reality and that is why it remains a story believed by a minority of religionists but no one has shown ANY proof of it happening.

Look around and you will be able to find information about the latest find that shows our ancestors going back further.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The origins of the universe.