cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

For Mr. Kraft

snip-

A rare Honus Wagner baseball card that was bequeathed to an order of Roman Catholic nuns has sold at auction for $262,000.

The Baltimore-based School Sisters of Notre Dame put the card up for sale after inheriting it from the brother of a deceased nun. The sale price exceeded the expectations of auctioneers at Dallas-based Heritage Auction Galleries.

The nuns will receive $220,000 from the sale. The total sale price includes a 19.5 percent buyer's premium. Sister Virginia Muller, who was entrusted with the card, says the proceeds will go to the order's ministries in more than 30 countries around the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101105/ap_on_sp_ot/us_nuns_baseball_card

22 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: For Mr. Kraft

I urge you to examine all the fine multimillion dollar edifices scattered throughout our land and the rest of the world and then consider all the destitute and hungry in ths world and ask yourself which choice Jesus would prefer. The sistine chapel or the hungry fed and the sick treated.

While you folks are building temples to God's greatness people are starving and dying in the world.

those particular nuns have more charity in their bones than the whole of catholic ministries.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

I urge you to examine all the fine multimillion dollar edifices scattered throughout our land and the rest of the world and then consider all the destitute and hungry in ths world and ask yourself which choice Jesus would prefer. The sistine chapel or the hungry fed and the sick treated.

While you folks are building temples to God's greatness people are starving and dying in the world.

those particular nuns have more charity in their bones than the whole of catholic ministries.

And yet most of your kind gives little or anything. Pot meet kettle.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well actually I do not pass myself off as God's representatives in the world. I do not brag about good works Nor do I pass an offering tray in front of you.

My God is all powerful. He doesn't need my dollars nor my help in judging people. He is big enough to handle that all by himself.

Your God isn't so powerful. He lets self appointed self righteous judges pass judgement on those they choose to which is never a tea bagger, a dittohead or a beckerhead.

BTw if the churches were doing their job there would be know need for public charity. No farm programs or crop insurance. God you know does not need to send a drought or a hail storm or a tornado. He does so for purely petty retribution. HE MUST BE A REPUBLICAN!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

When they pass the collection basket in church there is no one standing there with handcuffs if you choose not to contribute.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm not judging for God or issuing threats of eternal damnation. I'm just observing people that claim to be christian and act very unchristian. What I say ia opinion,mine alone not god's opinion or anyone elses. Far as i know you will not be damned because of my opinion. Nor will I try to make your life difficult for you.

In fact my opinion may not even be bibical. I know you sin, we all do, but you could try not to be ornery and not curse those that live amongst you. Nor do you need to make life miserable for them. Try minding your own business and not go out of your way to diminish others. That would be the christian thing to do if you were really a christian. On the other hand, I have surperiority over no one. I'm just a sinful soul pointing out what A holes you christians can be. But then that is just my opinion for what it is worth.

BYW One day they may ask me if I would like to exist eternally in Heaven. I will ask who exactly will be there. If there are ornery cusses there that just want to be problematic for others, I'll have to give it deep consideration because some types of people would be damned poor company for all of eternity.

Veteran Advisor

Re: For this forum's biggest hypocrite.

Appears to me that don does so, if indeed he actually does, on his own behalf and not as a representative of anyone else. mortal or otherwise.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The definition of the verb, "pass judgement".

Didn't say he didn't. Would't want him not to. I'm a big fan of the man.

That wan't my point. Read what I said again.