cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

For the Record

I have called MN's governor "Governor Goofy" several times and commented on how the guy was slurring words and being openly accused of popping pills.

Well, the poor guy is having his back fused, and undoubtedly has had a lot of pain issues. This may explain a lot, since anyone that has experienced back pain knows how debilitating this can be, and it would account for the pills and the after effects.

And to the governors credit, he hopefully put an end to the start of part of what would be Minnesota's Silly Season, with his announcement that any attempt to legalize marijuana in Mn would be met by a veto from the governor's office. Kudos, Mark Dayton, for that. Maybe someone that has abused drugs knows the dangers.

My only additional comment would be why the Governor was not honest about why he was popping pills, and why he blamed the Republicans for a back ailment like he did when he quipped that they drove him to pop the pills.

3 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: For the Record

Do you really think controlling other people, when they are not harming you, is worth what it costs you? Much of the evil going on in this country is in the name of the war on drugs.
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Sam, I have personally seen the cost of drugs on lives lost. Maybe I am morally wrong on this issue from the view of a libertarian, but if we can save one person's life by making it more difficult to totally screw up your life by legal abuse of drugs, I guess I can live with being morally wrong.

I have heard all the arguments, and the bottom line is that I am going to error by being on the side of what I have seen. Maybe you and 150 million other Americans are going to toke up, snort, and inject and not have any serious side effects. Personally I doubt it, but even if you are, I guess I am biased on this issue.

Samnospam
Advisor

Alcohol is my drug of choice, never cared for pot.  I know pot heads, they are at least as functional as the alcoholics I've know.  Probably more so.   Like prohibition all the war on drugs is doing is creating opportunity for criminal activity and a criminal government,  it doesn't keep anyone from doing what they want.