cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: For the forseeable future, no more R presidents

10 years ago the people of Venezuela were living great lives. Now the vast majority struggle to survive. It can happen here.

Senior Contributor

Courage Sammy,

It is going to be okay. Do not think for a New York moment that Warren Buffett, Jeff Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein,George Soros Michael Bloomberg, Tim Cook and Jeff Bezos all support Democratic Party candidates like Bill & Hillary Clinton, and Barrack Obama because America's billionaires have acquired some previously unknown thirst to "help people." Big money donors do not think like that.

The good news is that Trump or no Trump, we are going to get through this together. Just keep your head down, stay well diversified, and continue to remind yourself that how much you eventually pay in taxes vis a vis your own net worth is always (ALWAYS) far more important than how much you might pay in taxes vis a vis your annual income.

The big boys and girls have never needed lessons on understanding the difference between these two ratios. Mercifully, the bottom 90% have never quite been able to do the math needed to realize why this age old Washington game of "who actually pays" is so beneficial to the donor class.

Otherwise, ever onward and God bless America too. We will survive.

Senior Contributor

Normalicy bias.

Yes, extremely wealthy people purchase politicians to protect their wealth and position.  Their wealth, not yours.

Senior Contributor

Yes it can.

Honored Advisor

Basically, there`s more money in being a pocketpicker than a cottonpicker, and Uncle Sam has a fat wallet with $100 bills sticking out, just git yourselves to the ballot box and vote Liz Warren and Alexanderia Ocasio-Cortez.     Everytime I see on here "How`s that better cheaper health insurance coming???" I think yup, there`s a pocketpicker...call vice!

Rush touched on that yesterday, that President Trump needs to just figure he is going to be a one termer and govern accordingly, getting as much as he can done in the remaining 2 years.

Senior Contributor

Normalcy bias?

Nahh. Think of it more like a grand confidence game. And as I have posted in the past, if you are going to play in a confidence game, it is always far better to be one of the low paid shills (i.e. top 10%) than to be one of the trimmed marks (i.e. bottom 90%). The shills get paid. The marks just get trimmed of their money.

Needless to say, the game’s inside men, outside men, store managers, and ropers (i.e. top 1%) all take the greatest share of the winnings...if that makes sense? It is they, after all, who have the greatest amount of money at risk.

Bottom line: This is a really good time to be alive, even if you are one of the shills.

Advisor

I think you just described the workings of the past couple of decades of The Trump Foundation.

Senior Contributor

Like Mick Mulavaney

whose entire purpose for being as a congressman and then at CFBP was to protect people who skim off of widows and orphans.

Way better'n that uppity Pocahontas woman.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes Bruce,

Among others. Trump’s foundation is not unlike that of Bill Gates’, Warren Buffett’s, Oprah’s, George Soros’, the Ford’s, the Waltons, the Rockefeller’s, and Mike Bloomberg’s foundations.

They are all set up with the intention to legally shield enormous amounts of assets from the IRS. When it comes to the top 1%, folks like Donald J. Trump and Michael Bloomberg or Oprah have a great deal more in common with each other than they do with any of the 310 million American minions living beneath them.

F. Scott Fitzgerald was quite right. The rich are not like you or me. And Ernest Hemingway was also correct in responding (apocryphally) “Yeah Scott, they have more money than us.”

Okay, so the above is not exactly a profound revelation, but you get the idea. Which of course, is not to say that those living in the top 10% (a.k.a. Investor class) are not making out under the likes of both Obama and Trump. Assuredly, they are.

Advisor

in the event you didn’t see this