cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: So what happened?

My own personal experience working in private industry is that women doing the same job with the same amount of experience, the same level of education, the same quality of work make the same amount of money.    

Senior Contributor

Nice sexist remark............ low cut blouse   

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Most people working in private industry with equal experience and all other levesl do not know what their co-workers are paid. Most all private companies do not divulge this imfo..

Senior Contributor

Did a little research

Dug around, and found out that it has been illegal to pay a woman with identical schooling and experience less than a man doing identical work, since the early 1960s.

More recently, under I belive the Obama administration, they extended the statute of limitations, so that women who wre being paid less, can go back farther than they used to, for proof of discrimination, and can get more back-pay.

Can you explain to me, how writing another law, that says the same thing as the laws already on the books, will help?

It would seem to me, if women are truly being discriminated against, and companies are getting away with it, it is a failing of the Obama Justice Department, led by Eric Holder, that is allowing such illegal activity to occur.
Don't belive me?   Just google the 'equal pay act'.

edit*  it seems that Taylor has posted a blurb about the equal pay act.  By his link, what you describe has been illegal since 1963.   If it is so widespread, why isn't Obama/Holder doing anything about it?  The law is already on the books, why not enforce it?

Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

Nice sexist remark............ low cut blouse   

Hobby, don't you kind of get a warm fuzzy feeling when you drive by a construction site and see all of those nice young ladies wearing their tight jean, halter tops, and high heels setting 10 Symon concrete forms while all of the high paid union men set in the office answering the telephone and filling out workman comp forms?

Senior Advisor

Re: Did a little research

@Husker-J wrote:

Dug around, and found out that it has been illegal to pay a woman with identical schooling and experience less than a man doing identical work, since the early 1960s.

More recently, under I belive the Obama administration, they extended the statute of limitations, so that women who wre being paid less, can go back farther than they used to, for proof of discrimination, and can get more back-pay.

Can you explain to me, how writing another law, that says the same thing as the laws already on the books, will help?

It would seem to me, if women are truly being discriminated against, and companies are getting away with it, it is a failing of the Obama Justice Department, led by Eric Holder, that is allowing such illegal activity to occur.
Don't belive me?   Just google the 'equal pay act'.

edit*  it seems that Taylor has posted a blurb about the equal pay act.  By his link, what you describe has been illegal since 1963.   If it is so widespread, why isn't Obama/Holder doing anything about it?  The law is already on the books, why not enforce it?

You need to lay off Eric Holder. He is too busy getting guns into the hands of the Mexican drug lords and insuring enough ILLEGAL aliens get into this country to do the jobs American won't/can't/are not expected to do to be bother with something as meaningless as women pay.

Senior Contributor

The question is how do you enforce it ?   It would be like enforcings the actual  APH of a acre covered by crop ins  when the  figures are provided by those who benefit from the provided info.  ..    

Senior Contributor

Do you suppose women's pay is meaningless to women?

Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

Do you suppose women's pay is meaningless to women?

Must be to Eric Holder. He can sue states over enforcement of immigration laws but he can't go after businesses who continue to exploit women.

Honored Advisor

I thought the liberals finally settled that "men and women are born different" way back in 1992 ...but I guess Hobby is one of the few hangers-on  Smiley Happy

http://content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19920120,00.html