cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: So what happened?

Hobby, the whole issue of women`s pay is phoney just to gin up liberal votes in the coming mid-term election. 

Here watch Washinton Week at about 6:30 Amy Watler (not exactly a conservative) says the Dems need to get women to turn out in November.  And this phoney wage issue is designed to do that.  Make Republicans "look bad" for not supporting a bill that would actually hurt business and women by ultimately forcing women to actually do EQUAL work to get that equal pay (hourwise) force business to open their books for their competition to see. 

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/ 

Senior Advisor

@hobbyfarm2145365 wrote:

Here we go again the liberal/ conservative  stupidity , What dose sexist remarks like yours and 20's have to do with L/C  thing.  I was raised with respect for fellow Americans both men and women  liberal or conservative.  .

It's too bad you can't pick up on sarcasm. Have you EVER seen a woman with high heels and a halter top setting concrete form? The one who don't respect women are those who think they will get their votes because of this phony sexist issue.

Advisor

Most white collar jobs have a level title and a salary range assigned to that title that is posted knowledge within the company. In other words, a business analyst 1 makes $35-40k, a business analyst 2 makes $39-45k. They don't have different ranges for men and women.
Veteran Advisor

Re: Did a little research

Did a little research myself and learned that the WH staff with the same job title get the same amount. Seems to me that you can't just say that all the women in the WH make this and the average is this. The only way you can realistically do it is to check what all "press secretaries" make and see if men make more than women and do the same with all the job titles.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/annual-records/2013
Senior Advisor

Re: For those that don't believe in equal rights for women.

I agree. When i retire I will favor that..

With posts like that, why do you wonder that we don't take you seriously?

Senior Contributor

That would raise another question:  How would you enforce another law, that says the same thing?
Rallying for a law that already exists, and is likely 'unenforcable' seems that it would be more a political ploy, than an attempt at any meaningful reform. 

Do you have any reason why there should be another law that says the same thing, other than for political purposes?

Senior Contributor

Ahh, but if you do the same thing in the private industry, they do, too.

Honored Advisor

Well averaging men and women wages is exactly how the phoney .77 figure was come up for the REST of the country. Shouldn't the whitehouse be held to the same standard?????

Senior Contributor

He ignors what he wants to and has nothing but the same old rants.

IgnoRants

Veteran Advisor

Not sure what you mean but if you mean that all men and women in the same job title with the same education and experience all make the same, you are wrong. Not ALL do that!