cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

For those that like spankings....

I can only assume you enjoy them, otherwise why would you keep relying on fake news so that you keep getting them?

Nancy likes them.

Here is the text from Article II, Section 3:

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information on the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States."

Final paragraph.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/opinions/1989/07/31/op-olc-v013-p0245.pdf
13 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: For those that like spankings....

The President can go ahead and do that.  Any of that.  

As for the State of the Union, write it up and deliver it.  His prerogative. 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

His prerogative.

Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks for the voluntary spellcheck.

Scan the pages here for “Whate” and fix that too, seeing as you’re in that business.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Ha Bruce, if you only knew.....  I'm gifted in logic, but probably couldnt pass a 4th grade spelling test. 

I was agreeing with your last sentence....it's his perogative to do as he chooses.  But that includes bringing Congress together to address them.  

Highlighted
Advisor

I can’t envision the GOP members sitting comfortably  in full knowledge that the TV hosts are showing pictures of House staffers and security personnel who aren’t getting paid.

Not to mention anticipating a highly politicized speech have been composed by Stephan Miller.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Democrats should to vote to end the shut down.

I imagine they are much more uncomfortable knowing they are being exposed and that either way, their political careers are coming to an end soon..

But yeah, establishment members in both parties probably dislike a speech written by someone who loves the American people more than DC.  

When a quarter of my paycheck goes missing to fund the DC crowd that's over paid and under performs, I could care less that they have to sit at home for a few weeks to get border security for the safety of my family.  

I miss 1/4 of my paycheck EVERY year.  I have yet to hear a one of them say a word about that.  Im not guaranteed retirement for life, how many of them are?  I'm paid by my production, how many of them are?  

Boo freaking hoo....

Highlighted
Advisor

Democrats along  with enough Republicans to go over 60 passed wall funding long before the shutdown.  All it needs is to get Re-affirmed and sent over to the Whitehouse.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hummmmmmmm. No pictures of the angel families and how their loved ones were killed by ILLEGAL aliens? Just like Pelosi they have no time for them.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well, what’s the big deal that you are making? The Speaker ASKED to hold off until they could get the Gott opened. She didn’t tell him to do it or that he had to change the date.