cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Re: its a HERE thing

Don't know about that, but they were all single-  liked art, good food and fine wine.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: For you christian gun nuts

She wasn't Syrian nor a refugee either so your little  attempt don't fly!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: For you democrat nuts

Did you ever hear the saying that action speaks louder than words?  Time for you and the rest of you armchair rambos to put up or shut up!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

READ 3020

Matthew 26:51-52

51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Pretty clear view to me!

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: READ 3020

Jesus was willingly going to the cross to pay for the sins of man. The quote you shared from Jesus was meant for that context. Jesus wanted nothing in the way from Him for filling his quest. In other words, it was not a blanket statement.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Matthew 26:51-52

51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Pretty clear view to me!

Then why did Jesus allow the guy to be one of His disciples? Why didn't he beat the sword into a harrow?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I think he said what he said. Like it or not. It's inconvenient, isn't it?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Then when else did Jesus encourage people to arms or any armed defense? Isn't that the point? 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Should we`ve turned other cheek to hitler?

If we did, we would no longer be a sovereign country but rather we`d be the rest of the world`s bitch.  I don`t see Jesus wanting that.

http://www.gotquestions.org/self-defense.html

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Seems to me that Jesus makes it pretty clear that swords have their place.....the time was wrong for the sword as Jesus had business to attend to, to fulfill prophecy and save fallen humanity.