cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Forest growth

Interesting study about forest growth in the northern hemisphere and how the seasons are longer now than they were 25 years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/forest-growth-season-getting-longer-in-northern-hemisphere-study-s...

Satellite images taken over a 25-year period show that, on average, what plant life recognizes in the northern hemisphere as the end of autumn is taking place later in the year, and spring is starting earlier, according to a U.K-led. research team.

University of Southampton geography professor Peter Atkinson and his colleagues say they saw evidence that the return of greening vegetation is now arriving "slightly earlier" in the year, while a more "significant" change has been noted in the delay of when plant dormancy arrives.

18 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Forest growth

Why did they stop at 2,006? When they average in this year things will change, we just went through the coldest October-March in 102 years.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Mercy, You eagerly  swallow whole all things mythical yet are blind and deaf to REALITY ?

You should be studied.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Why did they stop at 2,006? When they average in this year things will change, we just went through the coldest October-March in 102 years.

YOU may have been cool but the earth was not.

Here is the latest report

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwdvoC9AeWjUeEV1cnZ6QURVaEE/edit

It will not allow me to copy a snip for you but to speed up your comprehension of the report try scrolling to page 4 and it will give a quick summary as well as a worldwide map of temperatures and you probably fall in one of the few areas that were cooler than average, the cenral part of North America

So don't be too sure of how the average will work out for this year either as Australia has been setting record high temps for many days in January and February and Alaska British Columbia and the Yukon have had very warm weather throughout the winter.

Even our vacation spot Bermuda has had a very warm 'winter'.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Well then, we will have to grow crops during our "winter" and take it easy during our summers. Maybe build a fishing cabin along the shores of the Arctic Ocean. Smiley Happy
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^) wrote:
Well then, we will have to grow crops during our "winter" and take it easy during our summers. Maybe build a fishing cabin along the shores of the Arctic Ocean. Smiley Happy

Will there be enough room for all 7 or 8 billion of us there?

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

No, but the overflow can play with the penguins in Antarctica.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

YOU may have been cool but the earth was not.

Here is the latest report

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwdvoC9AeWjUeEV1cnZ6QURVaEE/edit

It will not allow me to copy a snip for you but to speed up your comprehension of the report try scrolling to page 4 and it will give a quick summary as well as a worldwide map of temperatures and you probably fall in one of the few areas that were cooler than average, the cenral part of North America

So don't be too sure of how the average will work out for this year either as Australia has been setting record high temps for many days in January and February and Alaska British Columbia and the Yukon have had very warm weather throughout the winter.

Even our vacation spot Bermuda has had a very warm 'winter'.

Yeah, those peace loving enlightened progressives. Oh, did I for get to mention tolerant.

snip-

When a liberal says it’s time for you to shut up, it usually means they’re losing an argument.  When they want you arrested and prosecuted, well. . .  Two weeks ago I noted here that the climatistas were getting so desperate that they were starting to call for climate skeptics to be arrested and prosecuted, because, like the Inquisition, the climatistas are in possession of the complete truth, so shut up.  Because science.

Apparently unembarrassed by this open embrace of fascism, Adam Weinstein has taken to Gawker.com to double down on fascist authoritarianism.  In “Arrest Climate Change Deniers,” Weinstein has such gems as:

We have laws on the books to punish anyone whose lies contribute to people’s deaths. It’s time to punish the climate-change liars. . .

Those denialists should face jail. They should face fines. They should face lawsuits from the classes of people whose lives and livelihoods are most threatened by denialist tactics. . .  Those people are criminally negligent.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/03/climatistas-double-down-on-stupid.php

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I do wonder what history will say when they look back and say those people were told what was going to happen and they denied it and kept on producing CO2 and look what happened.

What were they thinking?

Only of themselves I guess.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

I do wonder what history will say when they look back and say those people were told what was going to happen and they denied it and kept on producing CO2 and look what happened.

What were they thinking?

Only of themselves I guess.

So far the "deniers" are right.