cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:Three kinds of people post stuff like that Bart.

It is very literal.  Just read it.  No hidden meanings.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Forgiveness

How about the guys that you have justly offended? Are we going to be forgiven too?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You mean I was right in offending you?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

well, here is my take....we all come to the forum with all the baggage that life puts on our backs to make us who and what we are. We look at the world and issues through the lenses of our life, and some see things differently. If you feel strongly about something, that makes your opinion and your actions justifiable in your life and nobody else has the right to condemn you for feeling and thinking that way.

And people should feel strongly about something...just like the guy in the story  "A Man Without A Country" that condemned America, and  learned the folly of his youth and spent the rest of his life paying for that folly while adrift at sea. I just wish that people would feel the strongest about their God, their families, and something for America too and take a long view on what will make our nation prosper and stay around. That is all I ask of anyone.

I don't think the Republicans have it all right anymore than the Democrats, and both conventional parties play the voters like a fiddle. Just like the Wisconsin issue...if you notice, I have been pretty silent about the whole thing since I know how strong feelings are on both sides of that divide. And I would be the first to say that organized labor played a good role in improving conditions for workers in America and making our nation prosper. It is just that things tend to go to far...just like the Koch brothers on the other side. THeir perfect world would be one in which there were no EPA regulations, and rich guys like them would pay a zero rate of tax.

So if anything you have said, or do say, to me comes from a feeling that you sincerely want to make America a better place, I think your feelings are justified.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Well, just about everyone on here has at one time or another and some, (me included) have done it many times, called people who disagree, idiots, morons, profane questioning of their ancestry, fornicators, etc.  If you disagree with me or I with you and say so, that is fine.  It is the times I have used infantile language when disagreeing with people on here that I am apologizing for and asking forgiveness and also forgiving them for doing the same thing to me.

James22
Senior Contributor

Bravo, absolutely brilliant, well done!  It isn't that difficult to disagree and not be disagreeable.  Must realize that although you have set a high personal standard, it is no guarantee that all the others will demonstrate similar courtesy/restraint.   Personally believe it best to ignore particularly boorish/incendiary remarks.  This isn't grade or high school where the most vocal outburst or the last rebuttal is the winner.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

While I am gobbsmacked at the guilt which has overcome my comrade in arms, I too wish to add to all the items listed above.  My propensity to colourfully express my views has attracted criticism on here and at home.  So to offer an olive branch, I concur with bart  You are all welcome in my house.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

very true about the boorish need to have the last word. I usually let some inane rebuttal stand by itself and be more of an example of why I am right than any words I could type.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Gough: "While I am gobbsmacked at the guilt which has overcome my comrade in arms, I too wish to add to all the items listed above.  My propensity to colourfully express my views has attracted criticism on here and at home.  So to offer an olive branch, I concur with bart  You are all welcome in my house."

If you pay for the plane tickets I will gladly come and visit you.  The wife and I have always wanted to visit your country. Smiley Wink

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Me too!!