cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Fort Lauderdale

Seems like quite a gap in security that no one recognized before.

All the shooter had to do was stop inthe washroom, unpack the gun and ammo and go kill.

What were they thinking whne they allowed people to transport weapons like that?

Surprised a terrorist did not thinkabout that sooner.

17 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Fort Lauderdale

Yeppers.

But I suppose that requiring people to ship firearms separately would constitute gun control, clearly in contravention of the 2nd Amendment?

Actually denying people the right to carry on a flight is clearly a violation as it is currently interpreted by the whackjobs.

hardnox
Advisor

Cuz if all the Good People hadn't been disarmed by the evil gubmint TSA somebody would have nailed him.

gurly3801539
Advisor

But Canuck, according to a news story on TV (can't remember which network) he was coming back from Canada with that gun.  What are you guys doing in the North?Smiley Surprised

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

gurly; check it out and you will find he was flying from Alaska. 

May have flown over Canada but did not touch down here as far as I know.

Hand guns are restricted here and I think the luggage scan would have picked up on his hand gun, at least I hope it would.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Muslim terrorist seem to kind of slip through the cracks. They have very little respect for our laws.

gurly3801539
Advisor

Like I said can't remember which network but I even backed it up to hear again and the story they told was Canada.  Wasn't blaming Canada, just surprised me.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Give it a shot

Go to some neighborhoods in Tampa, Miami, or most of the rest of the state

of FLorida without your trusted pals Mr. Smith and Mr. Weston, and armed with

just your loquacious abilities to talk down felons and soon to be felons, and then

report back on whether it's good to have protection or not. Also let us poor bumpkins

know whether you want to relax prison laws after say a week or so.

10% of the state of Florida is made up of felons, btw. And the wicked republicans

in control don't let them vote. I guess you could start crying "racist, racist, racist" until

you look at the 1.7 millon and find out that only 600,000 are black.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-felon-voting-rights-20150121-htmlstory.html

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Give it a shot

rsbs; here is an article to read and consider what all the differences are with your friends Smith and Weston.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38365729

The result is a very low level of gun ownership - 0.6 guns per 100 people in 2007, according to the Small Arms Survey, compared to 6.2 in England and Wales and 88.8 in the US.
"The moment you have guns in society, you will have gun violence but I think it's about the quantity," says Overton. "If you have very few guns in society, you will almost inevitably have low levels of violence."
Japanese police officers rarely use guns and put much greater emphasis on martial arts - all are expected to become a black belt in judo. They spend more time practising kendo (fighting with bamboo swords) than learning how to use firearms.
"The response to violence is never violence, it's always to de-escalate it. Only six shots were fired by Japanese police nationwide [in 2015]," says journalist Anthony Berteaux. "What most Japanese police will do is get huge futons and essentially roll up a person who is being violent or drunk into a little burrito and carry them back to the station to calm them down."

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: Give it a shot

import 17% blacks, 20% hispanics, 5% drunken Irishmen, and 2% Scandinavians of

low moral fibre into the mix in Japan, and report back to us.

Comprendo Senor?

It's pretty easy to look at a homogenous population and draw conclusions, right?