cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Pharisees, Liberals, Fact Checkers

If anything, assault rifles will be licensed just machine guns are now.  Your hunting rifle and your handguns are safe along with your .22, varmint rifle, etc.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Militia

Well, some folks do not believe that the militia should be "well regulated." I have heard those words somewhere.....where., were, where?

I wouldn't own one of those Chinese pieces of carp AKs if you paid me to have one.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Militia

By well-regulated, they didn't mean by the government.  Otherwise, why did they use the words 'shall not be infringed'.  I think it means more along the lines of 'prepared'.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You are probably right that they were thinking along the lines of state militias. Also, yes, to understand the true meaning of well regulated, we would have to study the meaning of the word in the late 18th century.

That said, I did ask some valid questions. Are you proposing that anyone own any type of arm, no matter what race, religion, national origin, station in life, criminal record? I am betting that you would suggest some limitations as well. There is a lot of money out there in the hands of people that are not very nice. I bet they could afford a mortar launcher and box or two of shells that would blast out a pretty large area. Should they be able to buy one?

This is not the issue for the most part, because the original post was about "assault weapons," which is a stupid term. But if there is a line...it is valid to ask where it should be drawn.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Fox Debate: Bags of "Facts"

These so-called debates certainly don't stack up well against those of Nixon-Kennedy let alone the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry Knapper but the AK47 is an extremely well-made weapon. Simple design, simple maintenance, you can basically work on one with a rock and a stick.

That is why they are the weapon of choice for cartels, gangstas and such. Cheap, hardly ever jam, no great knowledge required to keep one working in extreme conditions.

Probably why the SWAT teams use them rather than US-designed weapons.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry Papa, you are right. I made the mistake of not being clear. I was talking about some of the Chinese versions, but they may be good for all I really know. I just don't like Chinese arms being sold here.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The question is really, whether the Founding Fathers meant "not infinrged" to include all the weapons available to modern man.  I believe that we will always have guns.  I have guns and have had a gun since I was about 5-6 yrs old.  My Dad was a staunch Democrat who owned and used several guns all his life.  I also firmly believe that if you want an assault rifle, fine.  If you want a machine gun, you can.  Just pay a fee for the license to own one and it's yours.  Same way with the so-called military style assault rifles.  Pay a fee so they know where that gun is and who owns it.  Your right to own it is no longer infringed upon but it is under some control.  I own one of your targeted guns--FNX-9 with 3 17 round clips.  If push comes to shove, I would buy the permit needed to continue to own that gun if given the chance.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The one you are thinking of is most likely the SKS