cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Fred Phelps Dead

Though he spent his life spreading hate, I sincerely hope he winds up learning that God does not hate anyone. It is tempting to think of other fates Phelps could have to endure, but in the end his hate is simply sad and will be dust in the wind, void of any enduring meaning. The haters of this world are never the ones who are loved and remembered well. I doubt anyone will picket his funeral and hold up signs saying "God hates Fred."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/westboro-church-founder-dead/

19 Replies
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Re: Fred Phelps Dead

Bette Davis commenting on the death of long-time nemesis Joan Crawford:

"You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good…Joan Crawford is dead. Good."

originaljoan.jpg

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

This is just what I`ve heard about the outfit is they were a fraud running a scam.  The members of the "church" were all relatives and they made their money suing people that I suppose would punch them in the nose while they were "excercising their 1st amendment constitutional right" to protest.....really just the opposite side of the same coin of radical gays forcing someone to bake them a cake.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

They Eat their Own

This was recent :

PhelpsHed.jpg

Pastor Fred Waldron Phelps Sr. was excommunicated from the Westboro Baptist Church after advocating a kinder approach between church members. The excommunication occurred after the formation of a board of male elders in the church. The board had defeated Shirley Phelps-Roper, the church’s longtime spokeswoman, in a power struggle, and Fred Phelps Sr. called for kinder treatment of fellow church members. The board then ejected Fred Phelps Sr., who founded the church in the 1950s. The power struggle and excommunication was revealed by Nate Phelps, a son of Fred Phelps who broke away from the church 37 years ago, during an interview with a Topeka Capital-Journal reporter.

Today from the church :

wb2.GIF

WBC5.GIF

WB3.GIF

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: They Eat their Own

I'm glad he can no longer spread his hate and lead people astray but I do pray God has mercy on his soul and grants him eternal rest.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I disagree with you often 3020, but I also think you aren't a bad guy at all. I hope he is enlightened and knows the truth now that God loves us all.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

He doesn't deserve rest! He should burn forever in more pain than he caused on earth!!!
r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
He doesn't deserve rest! He should burn forever in more pain than he caused on earth!!!

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Pretty much heard the same thing.

I can't see where they can call themselves followers of Jesus, with the things that they have done.  
Jesus didn't hate anyone, and didn't convict anyone to hell, but rather gave hope and a chance of salvation to everyone, from those who were living the commandments all their lives, to those who were prostitutes, thieves, etc.   He preached love and redemption to all.   After all, who needs love, more than those without any?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You can forgive him if you wish since you were never a military person but but I won't ever forgive him for spittingon the graves who died so this sob could protest their funerals! In fact, I wouldn't forgive anyone who talks about forgiving someone like him!