cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Freedom of speech going, going, gone

First your guns then your speech. Private property can't be far behind.

snip-

In the wake of an undercover investigation into Planned Parenthood’s fetal parts sales, the California legislature is considering a bill that would criminalize publishing secretly recorded video footage of “health care providers.”

AB 1671, which has been backed by Planned Parenthood, would criminalize the publication of confidential interactions with state-licensed medical personnel, including abortionists and clinic staff, punishable by up to one year in prison and a $10,000 fine per violation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/31/calif-outlaw-undercover-film-planned-parenthood/

9 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Freedom of speech going, going, gone

That is as stupid, and unconstitutional as it gets.

If we are going to go down that path, let's make it illegal and the same fine/sentence for a student riding a school bus and makes a video of the bus driver texting while driving without informing the driver, beforehand. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

Or arrest a bystander who videos a cop beating a subject.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

And don't forget our drone owners.. kill the sales of those drones sold from california.

And save the shotgun amunition.

tomexrepub
Senior Contributor

Sounds like something personal Craigo.  Kids catch ya doing something you weren't supposed to be doing?

bruce MN
Advisor

OK though to prosecute somebody who took some pics in a hog house?
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Every one that has medical services provided are guaranteed privacy by health care providers. I would think most patients would prefer that their treatments would not be subject to public examination.

Why the under cover film?  Do you think Red's colonostophy should filmed and allowed for public information?

OKdon
Senior Contributor

I think that when an activity occurs in the public arena they have exposed themselves to public knowledge.

Therefore if you go to an atm machine the bank is able to photograph you.

hardnox
Advisor

Of course not.

That is an Important Industry run by and for the benefit* of Real 'Murcans who are under assault by the very worst element of the leftist conspiracy- animal rights activists.

*probably an ecellent metaphor for larger matters. Of course increasingly it is not (run for the benefit of real 'Murcans) but everybody who ever raised a 4-H calf is on board.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Hey, the Dr. said I have the colon and prostrate of a guy half my

age.....I didn't say anything back...I think its a felony to possess

body parts in the freezer.