cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

From the Wall Street Journal

On the Market Watch page.....weird place for some guy pushin' a commie idea:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tax-the-super-rich-now-or-face-a-revolution-2011-03-29?pagenumber=1

5 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: From the Wall Street Journal

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I do not think it is 'a commie idea'.

What he is talking about is history ready to repeat itself again.

Always the same when a few get so much more than the many and then start to live lives removed from the masses as they now are in guarded gated communities.

The masses eventually just get fed up and say "we have nothing to lose" and then starts the revolution.

bruce MN
Advisor

I was being factitiuos as a hat tip to the little John Birchers and Reaganoids here canuck.

My barometer on this remains my good friend and 72 year old 600 acre retired farmer. A devout evangelical Christian who has been a good socially conservative Republican ever since I've known him. I asked him back right after the elections what he thought about our new Governor Dayton's proposal to increase income taxes on the very rich and he said "They should take it all!!"

He's got 4 great children who ran the race properly, got educations and HAVE jobs. From them he's got a half dozen or so grandkids of the same good stock and only 2 of them have found any kind of work, beyond flipping burgers. 

Samnospam
Advisor

The super rich keep all their money in a big pile in muncie should be easy to get to.
hardnox604008
Advisor

The difference between now and the late 20s is that this time the empire has prepared in advance for the inevitable reaction.

We have a dozen or two new domestic spying agencies with untold budgets and little or no constitutional oversight.

And just wait and see what happens the first time any large group takes to the streets- the Darth Vader Legions will sweep them  into detention and they will be ground through the legal system. Does anyone really think otherwise?