cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Frontline - Obama's Deal

Saw an ad on my local PBS TV station for a new Frontline special titled "Obama's Deal" that is to air this Tuesday night, June 15 at 9:00 PM central time.   The show deals with the recent healthcare reform debate and legislation.  The IPTV web site describes the show as "A sobering look at the push to reform healthcare, revealing the realities of American politics, the power of special interests groups and the role of money in policy making."  Should make for an interesting show.

6 Replies
Advisor

Re: Frontline - Obama's Deal

Most of these guys won't watch anything onPBS dag.

Senior Contributor

I have always found Frontline shows to be pretty well done and they tend to tell it like it is no matter what political party or person's toes they might step on.  Should be an interesting look at how hotly contested legislation gets passed.  I believe you have mentioned something about this unpleasant side of politics this comparing to to the making of hotdogs if my memory serves me correct.  I'm interested to see if they report on who all was on the receiving end of the insurance, hospitals, and big pharma dollars. 

Honored Advisor

Boys, where was Frontline when we were discussing Obamacare before it was "passed"? In the old forum, many of us warned of the crookedness of this administtation involving lies, bribes and threats to get this unconstitutional, unaffordable heathcare passed. The only news about Frontline`s show is they`re daring to criticize their golden boy. My challenge is, look up the old forum disscusion and see everthing warned is now available for even the blind to see. 

Senior Contributor

You might want to watch it, BA. It more than likely will tell you something you don't want to hear. If they are going to explain the politics of it and how the lobbyists factored in, you may be surprised.

Advisor

If you were paying attention you already know what happened.   Inorder to buy off the industry, you were sold into their servitude.

Advisor

Any way that those of us who seem eager and willing to discuss the seriousness of these matters in as civil a fashion as our respective ornery hides would allow could agree that what you just said there isn't administation, party or historical timeframe exclusive?

We've had a governing by a "permanent government" of finance and industry for a long time. One that sorta worked well enough to make the crumb pile big enough for most of the mice under the table to function, and for even some to thrive. Now a big cat is in the room..and he's their cat.

There is no equity to speak of anywhere, because there is so little, or possibly no, comprehensive equity because of the overall indebtedness, which wasn't all taken out exclusivley by any one somebody or institution. The political and politically connected classes are functioning simply because they can. All they can do now is stand back and watch if they aren't going to get proactive about actually fixing anything, and as it's been said often, maybe they simply can't ---probably couldn't even if they all decided to agree on how.. It's horrific to  observe.