cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnaa
Advisor

Full Civic Literacy Exam

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exam

http://www.isi.org/quiz.aspx?q=FE5C3B47-9675-41E0-9CF3-072BB31E2692   

21 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Full Civic Literacy Exam

You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %  Not bad according to the stats listed but the ones I missed, with the exception of a couple of complete guesses, had me thinking about the correct one but decided to select something else.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, I just sat down in my chore clothes no cheating, finishing as quickly as I read the question and got 27 correct out of the 33.  I missed the "sputnik" one, "Roe v Wade", "Gettysburg" one, FDR at war with SCOTUS one and I forget the other one...I would Looove to see a liberal`s score, if they score well they would have to answer in opposite of their true beliefs.  Thanks, it was interesting. 

hardnox604008
Advisor

Aaargh. I got in a hurry to finish and missed the last one. Kind of reminds me of my school experience.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You really should have copied your score that was provided so we would know you didn't make up your score. I knew you would be one better than me. ;-)
bruce MN
Advisor

Didn't do quite that well.  And as you  get into it some of the questions near the end had more than just a bit of subjective slant to them.  I've taken a number of civic literacy tests over the years and this isn't one of the better ones I've seen.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I think I got about a 74.78 or something like that. Yes, some near the end were almost not answerable.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

I got 21 out of the 33. I didn't miss the "sputnik" one, nor the Roe v Wade. I did miss the FDR one, and decided that's what the President needs to do, with this bunch of wacko Justices.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Smiley Happy  No GTO, this is why we have the 3 branches of government so that hopefully one of the branches will catch a illegal law from slipping through the cracks. A number of things I find interesting about the 0bamacare oral SCOTUS discussions is how many justices (5) at least know more about the Constitution than the Saturday morning cartoon of "I`m just a bill"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TI8xqLl_-w  I know alot of you guys think 0bamcare is needed, is fair and all that ..but we need to fix healthcare in a Constitutional way.  This is why I asked the question awhile back of if  "the left will lose that lovin` feeling for the Constitution?".  I think that the left has constitutionaly skated on thin ice for too long and will now go back to their 1960`s roots of wanting to create a new constitution.  Ginsberg told the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt to "not look to the US constitution for their country`s blueprint".  I know that Obama is stupid, no question but when a child of the 70`s knows more about how laws are passed by watching cartoons than a Harvard Law "professor Obama" ..We really need to pause to collect our bearings in this country.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

Good stuff.