cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Don't You think those employees

Whoa Don hold your horses! No one said anything about breaking contracts, I was just explaining why the auto industry "abandoned"(your word) Detroit. The UAW got some favorable agreements for labor which turned out sh*tty for the industry. The reason Honda isn`t cheaper than Ford is because Honda isn`t in the charity business, they`re in the car sellin` business.  Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

Re: chance to become a winner, BA.

I finally agree with something you said.  You "conservatives" DO give them the freedom to help themselves.  Truer words were NEVER spoken.  That is ALL you give them.  If they can't do it themselves, they never if it is left to you "conservatives" because you won't ever help them.  If they could help themselves, they most likely wouldn't be in that situation in the first place.  The best advice bush could come up with was to either go back to school or move.  Pull your head out and see the sun once in awhile!

Honored Advisor

Schurrbuddy, if you agree with something I said, either one or both of us are going soft Smiley Wink. My Brother-in-law is a big time liberal blogger, if I get his permission one day I`ll post a link. He says we Conservatives are too concerned with Liberty. What liberals need to understand is without that Freedom the whole system crashes down, Greece is exhibit A. We are at a point in this country where more are ridding in the wagon than are pulling it. On the other thread I tried to show Don (unsuccessfully) how exorbitant union greed destoryed everyone`s pension. It got to the point where thousands of dollars benefit cost is on a car before it`s even built, that`s unsustainable. Can`t you guys see we`d all be better off keeping businesses solvent by only taking sensible benefits? Just remember the best definition of communism is "You no longer have the right to fail". Communism has failed everytime it`s been tried.

Senior Contributor

Re: those benefits, BA.

I think you are fixated on those benefits.

As in most situations things are grey, not black and white.

North American car manufactureres have other reasons that they are uncompetitive.

Go south and you will find robots too, not just cheap labour.

If you have not seen this before, watch the video and put that in the mix about competion.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/multimedia/player/index.php?id=1189

Honored Advisor

Re: those benefits, BA.

Interesting vid Canuck, still with robots they need a few humans, at some stations there were 4 workers. Those workers looked young, maybe I`m just getting old Smiley Happy. A neighbor went down to Waterloo to watch his tractor made. It took 5 hours, they rode the assembly line and his whole family was treated like royalty......I gotta start playing the lottery Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

This conservative couldnt disagree more

Truth is there are MANY stupid people who will never TRY to take care of themselves untill they meet desperation.  Liberals will try to make sure that motivational event never happens.

Senior Advisor

Yes, but they have a lower labor rate and they gouge you more the GM and Ford does. That doesn't seem to bother you that Honda over charges you but Labor can charge more than you think is fair.

Yes your compadres here have been complaining that GM and Chrysler didn't reneg on their contract with the UAW..

Veteran Advisor

Are we trying communism?

Veteran Advisor

Kraft, you really need to get off or on the meds or at least smell the coffee. Comparing government giving money ton the bankrupt GM so that the union could still get their pensions and benefits to the contracts of a landowner or a grain elevator is ludicrous.

MANY MANY landowners have had their contracts reneged upon or renegotiated over the decades. Grain elevators have gone belly up along with many other businesses. Case in point, the recent failures of some of the ethanol plants.  Farmers lost their promised sale prices, and that is part of the risks we take.

IF GM could have found a way to independently keep on paying what THEY agreed to, no one would have had any problem with it. Are you that dense to see this?

Senior Advisor

That really turns your crank that Union labor was able to keep their jobs. You so wanted them thrown under the bus.