cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Wrong Party

I have read a little about Huntsman, and I can see why the NY Times and its readership would like him....he should run as a demcoratic alternative to Obama. Huntsman is a metrosexual man, not at home as a conservative republican and not someone that will ever lead a GOP presidential ticket. That he would agree to do anything for someone as liberal as Obama suggests that his roots are not in conservative politics, nor his heart. The guy is not someone the GOP wants. Obviously , he would be a better president than OBama, but I could say that about 90% of America.

THe guy that may emerge if he can stay funded for the race and garner some excitement is Tim Pawlenty. He just sent me another request for money, and I almost thought about sending his campaign a few bucks, even if I doubt he is presidential material. I like him better than any of the others, and maybe the rest of Republican America will reach that consensus, too.

afterall, the guy did manage to rule as a republican governor for eight years in a very traditionally democratic state, and left the state moving towards the right to such an extent that the 2010 whitewash left both the state house and senate in republican hands. And the very weak republican governor candidate lost by a measly 9000 votes in a three way race where a drunk won, with maybe 40% of the vote and claims a mandate. What an absolute joke, and what a clear example of a need for instant runoff elections, with a second choice listed. 60% of Minnesotans did NOT vote for Dayton, and this is a mandate? Smell the coffee , man.

"Pawlenty was leading the Tea Party movement before there even was a Tea Party"  Nice slogan.

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: GOP candidate???

Maybe we should volunteer to serve on a search team for the Milligan family.

bruce MN
Advisor

Good point. Only too often it can be mistaken for simply being horney...or bored....or unappreciated.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

urban legends

that has to be one of the top national ones...about inbred Hutterites, Amish, Kentuckians, etc etc offering up their daughters to handsome strangers for breeding.

Just for the record, I was solicitated, too....many times.

LMAO

No wonder you are a democrat.....I hope you have someone help you hang on to your money.

hardnox604008
Advisor

We were served at a local restaurant recently by an absolutely lovely and charming young woman from Kenya. We asked how she came to be in this little burg and she said that she had married a local man who was in the Peace Corps there.

Already taken but that would be the ideal- pure lines. Don't know the husband but I'm guessing they will kick out some pretty vigorous offspring.

One thing for sure, won't have to worry about the genetic problems that are within human lines such as sicle cell or CF.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

And you call Obama the Fuhrer!

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: urban legends

How many weinergrams did you send out?

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: urban legends

Hardly....I could give you names and addresses of at least 5 different men who were doing business with them who were solicited. 3 of them from the same family.

Heard it directly from them and from others who were with them.

I'd not beleive it either if was said about Amishor Kentuckians. But the "hoots" are an entirely different outfit. Some of them perfectly ammoral and ruthlessly mercenary. It was probably seen as a pure business and labor force improving decision, not unlike an early American slave owner decreeing who got to breed who.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I like Huntsman and don't think his religion will be that big of hindrance to him if he chooses to run.  Being a Mormon can't be that detrimental with Repub voters considering another Mormon is leading the Repubs in the polls.  The question of Huntsman's religion being an obstacle was raised on last week's McLaughlin Group and none of the panel thought it would be a big problem.   Even Eleanor Clift praised Huntsman as being a good man and politician which is rare for her when talking about a Repub.

I have to wonder if BYU's dismissal of their star basketball player, Brandon Davies back in March might actually be a good thing for Huntsman and Romney.  In the face of such adversity it appears Davies, the team and the university all acted mature and respectful and handled the incident honorably which was a welcomed change for what we have become accustomed to with collegian sports scandals.

Did you see most of Newt's staff quit over disagreements with his wife's influence on his campaigning strategy?

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

Yeah, but you can't stop love.

If you subsidize going down the wrong path, you will get more of the wrong direction.

They know that I am serious.... the farm is on the edge of both Indianola and Des Moines...They know what it will be worth one day.

My job is to promote good genetics in my line for as long as I can exert good sense over my progeny.   Works the same in the wild, too.   Eat the weak and breed with the strong and brilliant will result in superior genetics that will remain dominant in the world into the future.

Being politically correct will result in extinction of any gene line.