cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: GOP conveniton policies

Did you miss the part where it is the rules of the arena where the convention is being held?

I hope you got the water tested and the paint checked out before you had any kids.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: GOP conveniton policies

Nope, hadn't heard that one.  I heard you had your water tested and the place told you to take you cow to the vet because she was sick.  I think you would be more worried about me going postal and looking you up.   After all, I am a retired military guy, worked for the post office and do have several guns!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Just like Al Capone

I'm sure that has been tried also.  Face it, she has creamed you lackies at every turn just like your congress thugs tried 60+ times to repeal the ACA and couldn't get it done.  Your supported people wasted enough money to rebuild every RR track in the country all because they couldn't get their way.  Now is the time for you take all of that and stick up your ...

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Another convention rule.

@bruce MN wrote:

The proverbial "they"  .some of my favorite people, as you hear so much about "them".

Have "they" done something in the past 3 days since this was published in one of you winger so it has to be true websites?:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/john-kasich-fazed-state-convention/2016/03/31/id/721721/

From what "they" are saying, I don't believe that those rules can be arbitrarily changed by any "they", other than by the assembled convention upon it's opening.  So the "they" might be refering to must be some committee who might or might not take it to the assembly.

But then I suppose, seeing as they are xxxxing Republicans "they" could simply abdicate accountability. Follow the lead of Phil Gramm re:  responsibility for the global financial crisis, circa 2008, or Cheney/Rumsfeld etal in composing the fabrications fed to Congress and the people of our nation to obtain a go ahead on the disaster in every respect that was the 2nd Iraq War.

As I said the rule is meaningless. They can change them at will.

"The rule known as Rule 40 (b) will not be a problem, Kasich said in an interview with National Review. Kasich's team said he knew that a committee will meet and set new rules for the convention.
Political science professor Morris Fiorina told USA Today that the rules "can be changed by the convention at will."
The rule states that to be nominated, presidential contenders must win a majority of delegates in eight states. Mitt Romney's supporters proposed the rule in 2012 to keep Ron Paul's supporters from placing his name up for nomination.
Before 2012, the rule was five states. Experts told USA Today that before that, the threshold was three states."

bruce MN
Advisor

Didn't you say that they had already changed it?

"They" can change it, but if you read up on how that committee is put together it's not likely to happen. It can't happen just because a trailing candidate says it will be.  And fwiw I doubt as embattled as the RNC is that they would very seriously consider double crossing a bloc as impassioned as the Trumpies are  and the last thing on earth the big wheels would want to do is jack around you thumpers after being umbilically attached as they've been to you  for the last couple of decades.

Not as easy to shake those two cats out of the gunny sack as by simple acclimation.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You said it was Cruz or Trump because of the 8 state rule. I said the 8 state rules doesn't have to apply because they can change it. They being the RNC.

bruce MN
Advisor

As I said....look in to it.  You said it had been changed.  It has not.  And it's not up to the RNC, per se. Get your shirt straight get before you say any more.

bruce MN
Advisor

yo! 30. How's the homework coming?

Got that rule 40 thingee figured out yet?

hardnox
Advisor

Re: yo! 30. How's the homework coming?

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/RNC-sean-spicer-rule-40b-play/2016/04/04/id/722172/

Translation: "we can nominate which ever bought and paid for dog turd we want."

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

As I said....look in to it.  You said it had been changed.  It has not.  And it's not up to the RNC, per se. Get your shirt straight get before you say any more.

Let's just wait until the convention and see what happens. That rule was only put in place for the last convention. It was put in place by the RNC. It was to  keep Ron Paul off the ballot. Now they can change it at will to keep Cruz and/or Trump off the ballot. The rule is meaningless for this convention unless they want to keep it in place.