cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: I do remember plenty of criticism

About bengazi. Hearing and multiple public discussions but I never heard much about reagan and beruit. Perhaps the repubs were not about much or Fox news weren't on the scene but Rush Limbaugh was and Roger Ailes and they both had strong vocal imput even back then. So then next time you hear people chiding Obama and Hillary you can ask about Reagan and Bush sr. See if any repubs remember it.

Senior Contributor

Re: GOP dilemma

@Samthehumble wrote:

You'll find many weeds but not the root, you can lay that on the British.  of which canada was part of at that time.  We can't change the past but we can change what we do tomorrow.   

Yes the British were there a long time ago and the Russians more recently BUT your country was the last on trumped up excuses.

So your country obviously did not learn from history.

Of course you were blinded by revenge, revenge against anyone not necessarily the guilty ones.

So it therefore falls in your lap now.

Senior Advisor

Re: GOP dilemma

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@Samthehumble wrote:

You'll find many weeds but not the root, you can lay that on the British.  of which canada was part of at that time.  We can't change the past but we can change what we do tomorrow.   

Yes the British were there a long time ago and the Russians more recently BUT your country was the last on trumped up excuses.

So your country obviously did not learn from history.

Of course you were blinded by revenge, revenge against anyone not necessarily the guilty ones.

So it therefore falls in your lap now.

It was a general from your country that ordered the airstrike that took out gaddafi's grand kids. It was your country that drug Obama into libya.

Senior Contributor

Re: WHAT ! That is some good

Revisionist history ya got going there Mr Polaris Racer.
You might want to look back at the history of that tragedy and
Come back with a more knowledgeable reply.
Honored Advisor

Actually Don

Not to show off here, but the 1961 Vienna Convention on Dipolmatic Relations, states that it`s the host country`s responibilty for the protection of guest diplomats and peace keepers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Convention_on_Diplomatic_Relations  

It should`ve been a "teachable moment" what happened in Lebanon, but as we`ve all seen....

Advisor

Re: Actually Don

Soooo...post 2008 Conventions become a.legitimate winger talking point? SEE: Abu Grihab
Honored Advisor

Re: Actually Don

You have to admit that in "1983" we were still innocent babes in the woods compared to today.  We were still trying to follow the letter of the law.  9/11 supposedly gave us the "right" to take our kid gloves off.   But, to argue "the Marines didn`t have any bullets for their guns and that`s Reagan`s fault" is a cheap low blow.  Bullets wouldn`t have done much against a cowardly sneak attack with truck bombs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombing

Senior Contributor

Re: But the bengazi attack

Was Hillary's and Obama's fault. Ok I think I understand you now.

Senior Advisor

Re: But the bengazi attack

@OKdon wrote:

Was Hillary's and Obama's fault. Ok I think I understand you now.

The marines didn't radio they were under attack and need help. The consulate in benghazi did but were told no.

Senior Contributor

Re: a little different perspective