cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

GOP shows some spine

I agree 100% with this move.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/14/17311838-cpac-chair-christie-didnt-deserve-an-invite-t...

the door is left open , too. Old Lardass can reform himself, become a conservative, maybe shed some weight too, and be welcomed back into "the tent".

Otherwise, Christie can run as a democrat with his liberal friends and duke it out in 2016 with Lady MacBeth.

14 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: GOP shows some spine

The GOP?  It was a CPAC decision and call.  Not the GOP.

Equating CPAC to the GOP might make sense to somebody who would most likely equate (now long defunct) ACORN with the Democratic Party,I  suppose.

So I suppose it makes sense to you, but it's got to have prominent Republican figures and reliable funders really shaking their heads over what the wingers are doing to erode the Grand Old Party.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: GOP shows some spine

All it amounts to is more stupidity of the radical extremists, blowing up the GOP! If that's what you want, a party that America will never again vote for, have at it! It  won't hurt my feelings. The GOP is going to reject those people or die. Last November should have been a wake up call, but I see, they haven't learned a dam thing.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Guess what ?

According to Paul Ryan, the Romney Ryan ticket carried the senior citizen vote last fall. Maybe most of the seniors have a clue after all.

Even as they campaigned to reform SS to save it for future generations, enough seniors listened to evidentally vote the "right" way.

So all seniors are not greedy self centered whatevers.

Thank God for that!

Or was Paul lying to Chris Wallace?

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Guess what ?

I thing there was some break point, somewhere over 60 where the Srs. did vote more for Romeny-Ryan than Obama-Biden in the general election.  Did he say any more other than just "seniors"?  That's rather subjective.  At nearly 64 I'm one for sure when the movie tickets are cheaper, and yet do all I can not to be one around our children and their young adult friends. 

As for your question, Ryan is a convicted, habitual fabricator of convenient facts and dialogue and seeing as you mention young Wallace I'd presume that the Congressman  was on FOX News, where that is the expected fare. So it wouldn't be unheard of or impossible.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: dear mealy mouth

did you see the states votes gop in a landslide --now wanna cuss  or run from me AGAIN

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

They only reason, seniors over 65, voted for R/R was because, they were told, none of the SS, Medicar, or Medicad cuts, would affect them. It would only affect those under 55. They duped the over 65 voters, pure and simple.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/03/12/1709181/paul-ryan-wrong-senior-medicare/

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Interesting set of statistics. Romney and Ryan won a convincing mandate in the older demographics in America, and a slight win in the 45 to 65 demographics, but got literally killed in the 18 to 30 age group.

How does that make you older liberals feel?

I know it makes me respect the senior citizens a whole lot more.

I guess what you are trying to say is that the seniors are the greedy ones because they want to keep theirs and have everyone else have the reforms?

A different perspective is that young people just like Obama cause he smokes pot and coke and is "cool".  He is like a Socrates, a corrrupter of young people.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Pat Boone on Obama

2nd only to Elvis during the 50's and 60's era, Boone undoubtedly swayed the geriatric woman's vote to tilt away from that Nazi Obama.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=796288&ocid=ansent11

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Pat Boone on Obama

I always enjoyed Pat Boone's music, sang many of his songs, on many different occasions. But I have lost my respect for him, or anyone, who, disparages this President with such completely absurd, unfounded remarks. May he burn in he!!, because that's where people like him belong.